News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1965 El Dorado VIN stamping location on chassis.

Started by Carlos Cabana, July 14, 2008, 11:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlos Cabana

Does anyone know the location of the VIN stamping on the chassis of a 1965 El Dorado?
Figure 1-1 of the Shop Manual says that it is located on "top surface of left frame side rail" (In the not so clear picture it appears to be in the rear left section of the chassis).
In other literature on the 1965 Cadillacs it says " Vehicle numbers were now located on the right or lefthand side of the forward frame crossmember".
In either location, the stamping is nowhere to be found ...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Carlos.

Joe 12138

Yes, the shop manual SAYS it's on the left frame rail, near the front of the car forward of the crossmember. But I know that on my '65, it's really on the RIGHT (Passenger side), stamped on the top edge.  It may be hiding under grease, undercoating, or thick black paint, but I was able to locate mine on the OPPOSITE side of what the "Good Book" says.

Carlos Cabana

Thanks very much Joe, for your information. I´ll be looking for that stamping tomorrow and I´ll let you know of my finding.

Regards,

Carlos.