News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

NAPA Shocks for a 1959 60S

Started by Currell Pattie, July 15, 2008, 12:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Currell Pattie

A couple of years ago, I bought a bunch of trim parts for my '59 60S (hopefully, I willl never have to use them). I didn't pay much attention to it at the time, but with the purchase came two as new NAPA Deluxe HD shocks, part number 1125 CO 0901831. Are these correct for my car? Perhaps someone has a cross reference manual. Thanks. Currell

35-709

Going to the NAPA website --- www.napaonline.com  and looking up shocks for the '59 60 Special, NAPA has three different shocks listed for your car. 

RR 94002 Front (except air ride)
RR 94049 Rear (except air ride)
and
Sensa-Trac shocks NS 5801 Front --- believe this is a Monroe shock

If no one here can help, your most likely bet would be to take them to your NAPA store and have them see if they can find the numbers that match your shocks.  They may be the air ride shock (your car may have had air-ride when new and was changed over to springs as many/most were), or they may just be old NAPA numbers for the spring suspension shock.
:)     
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Currell