News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Moulded Carpet for 1963 Series 62 Convertible

Started by Baza, July 18, 2008, 05:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baza

Hi Guys
I am hoping somebody can help me with a problem that has been plaguing me for some months now.  I am trying to purchase a new floor carpet for my 1963 Series 62 Convertible.  A couple of suppliers have emailed simply saying that they don't ship outside the US of A.
Another has told me that any 1963 2 door carpet will fit mine - not too sure about this?
Super Car Speciality in the US have said that a couple of there carpet manufacturers stated - 'IT SHOULD FIT' but NO guarantees? However they have quoted me a reference number KB3161-63.
I am desperate to obtain one and wondered if the Technical department would know or could find out if a 2 door Series 62 Sedan would in fact fit the same?

Also if you know of a supplier/manufacturer who could supply to the Unhited Kingdom

Appreciate any help, Thanks

Barry
Barry Ashdown

Warren Rauch

I looked up the carpets in a Cadillac parts book. The listings are not easy to generalize. They vary by color and with/without Bucket seats. For the front , some listings  say series 62 except conv , some just except 6367( Eldo conv).The conv's are listed alone and sometimes with the 2 door. The rears have similair listings, but always breakout the bucket seat cars with a different part number. Please bare in mind that type of carpet material, color would change part number.
Three years ago , I bought a set of moulded carpet from Whitney, for my 1963 series 62 conv. Current price $120/130. It did not fit perfect  is an understatement. I had to trim width,lenghth and even add a dart or two on the tunnel, cut holes for seatbelts,etc. but it looks fine now. THe chances that you will find a set that fits as well as the factory is small to zero. A set that is specfic to a 2 door sounds like a good bet to me.Good luck Warren