News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Rust proofing the air tank on my eldo

Started by eldo59, July 25, 2008, 05:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldo59

I pulled out the air tank on my 59 eldo and cleaned out all the gunk.Tank has a little rust in the bottom but still very solid, no soft spots.
I want to coat the inside with something so it won't continue to rust but don't know what product to use if any. Any suggestions ;D  ???
Mauro Bonfitto

harvey b

Hello there,i would use a product called Rust Check,not sure if it is available in your area or not,it comes in a aerosol can and has a straw nozzle to direct the spray,you could spray inside the tank and let it soak or splash all over the tank and then drain out any excess and hope for the best,even if it did suck up some of the oil from the rust check it would not harm any thing,or you could even use some regular oil to coat the tank with it would do the same job,HTH  Harvey B
Harvey Bowness