News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cost to attend the show

Started by Steve Jr., August 04, 2008, 05:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Jr.

Hello I'm a member and plan to attend the show Saturday only.Can anyone tell me what it will cost me and can I pay there.Also I have friends who would like to go Saturday also who are not members and would like to know what it will cost them.Thanks

Johnny

Just when I thought we were going to get past having a GN without this question ;D

In any event, if you are referring to just the show during the day on Saturday, allow me to give you this unofficial information.  I have only been to a few GN's over the years, and with no exception, people wishing to see just the cars in the show, were never charged a fee.  For the last few years there has been debates on this message board, if this is good thing, but viewing the cars is still a freebie.

Caddydave75 #18575

Well, I posed this very same question to another member of the CLC and was told if I wanted to spectate at the saturday show, I would have to register.   So, I spent $100.00 to register myself and a guest to go to the main show.  I am unable to attend any of the other events due to limited time.  You should call the people in charge of registration. 

Dave Lickel #18575
2001 Deville
1999 Deville Golden Anniversary Edition
1975 Fleetwood Eldorado Convertible

Johnny

Dave,

Prepare yourself for a little shock when you attend the show, as you will most likely see that their was no reason for you to register to see the show on Saturday, unless they install fences around the area, with armed guards.

Without fail, every year this question comes up on the message board, in fact I was going to make a sort of mystery post, called "I'm Waiting", since this has been the longest we have gone without the question being asked.

I sort of remember the thread concerning the registration fee and when it had to be paid.  This whole question of who has to pay for what, always lead to some confusion and misunderstanding, when it really shouldn't.  Cutting to the chase, registration is required by those who wish to "actively" participate in the activities of the Grand National, such as displaying a car, which also requires a separate fee, the awards banquet etc.  Those that wish to "passively" participate, such as just looking at the cars, and rubbing elbows with other members, really don't have to pay any fee.  The choice is up to you.  I was associated with the VFR for over 25 years, and I think that if you discussed with one of the fine folks on the committee, you situation, they may, and I stress may, as I have no authority or power to make any decisions, make some adjustment to your fee.

Good Luck,

Johnny