News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

53 Cadillac oil pressure output & input locations

Started by 302healey, August 06, 2008, 10:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

302healey

I'm adding a external beehive-type-oil filter to a '53 331 Cadillac engine in a T-bucket project. I need to know where to find on the engine, a good source for oil pressure and a good place to return the oil after the filter does it's job. I find multiple plugs in the block and need to know which ones to use. I prefer the front of the block. I know the sending unit is at the rear of the engine. Can anyone help? Thanks

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Here's a few photos that may help you. The first photo shows the supply (right) and return (left by fuel pump) fittings. The second, shows the supply (top) and return (bottom) on the filter can. Good luck with it.

Paul
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

302healey

Thanks for the reply. I had the supply line correct but I will need to find a different place for the return line as I'm not using the fuel pump/oil fill neck. I'm using an electric fuel pump under the car and have made a cleaner/nicer appearing neck that points to the right side of the car. I'm also feeding 4 carbs on a Horne intake manifold. Custom cars are always fun to engineer.

hotroddwayne

Thank you PW Allen for that excellent reply & photos! I'm in the finishing stages of getting the engine back together in my 1951 Cadillac Superior hearse with the 331 V-8 & couldn't see where the return line went. The front of the engine was apart when i bought the coach & your advice helped me TONS! Thank you... Oh & i'm a new member tonight after finding this post in a desperate search for engine info. Figured I'd love to join this website & learn as well as contribute!
Dwayne Brooks

35-709

302healey
hotrodwayne ----

You might like to check out the Cadillac & LaSalle Club Modified Chapter at --- http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/
:)
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

t walgamuth

Wayne, the column shifter you inquired about is still available.
Tom walgamuth

Retired Cad enthusiast