News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1973 Cadillac Eldorado Pace Car

Started by elnosaj, August 18, 2008, 02:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elnosaj

I am trying to find some help on authenticating that this a actual pace /replica car.  I have verified the first part of the vin # AS6L67S3Q4 which I have found on the indy500pacecars website.
Any other places that anyone can think of?
Sorry newbie here. I am trying to research to help an older gentleman sell this car as he was the original owner.  And I would like to to get the max price to help him out. So any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Rikard Stenberg

Hello!
I am the owner of indy500pacecars.com and I have a complete list of all pace car replicas of that year - send me the complete VIN and I will be able to determine if it is indeed a true pace car replica or not.

Or you could contact the Cadillac & LaSalle Club and buy their authenticity manual on these cars (which contains a lot of detailed information including a list of the VIN# of all 1973 pace car replicas) there is a link to that section of this web site but I cannot post the direct link as I am not a member of the US club...

Cheers!
/Rikard

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

The VIN starts with 6L67S3Q4-----,   it is located on a plate at the base of the dashboard on the drivers side visable through the windshield.  You can also find the number on the engine block stamped on a pad just rearward of the intake manifold at the rear of the engine just above the transmission.  Post or send me the number and I can verify its authenticity.  I am the author of the club Authenticity Manual on these cars.   Also, please get the data off the body plate which is on the right (passenger side) of the cowl under the hood .  It will have STyle , TRiM, PaiNT, BoDY, and accessory as well as build week info.  Please forward to pawl@earthlink.net

elnosaj

Thanks a lot Tim..I will post the info as soon as I can. I have found out in the intermittent that car was bought brand new off the showroom floor and owned by the same person all this time. Everything is original except for the battery alternator and one headlight bulb I am told .And at the time it was a promo item bought in Greensboro NC, Thanks again..

rikard454

Quote from: mattcohron on June 20, 2012, 09:22:07 AM
I am looking at purchasing a 1973 Cadillac Pace Car.  The VIN number is 6L67S3Q431981.  Could anyone please verify/ authenticate this for me.  Thanks
According to the authenticity manual 6L67S3Q431981 is not one of the official replicas, 6L67S3Q431918 is though. Maybe the last two digits were mixed up(?)...
Regards,
/Rikard Stenberg

John Waslworth

Sorry if i am highjacking but i am looking at a 1973 Eldorado and was wanting to know if any one could check the # if it is a pace car the number on the door is 6L67S3Q436794

Thanks, J Walsworth

Dan LeBlanc

Best advice is to contact Tim Pawl at the email listed earlier in this thread. He has the VIN numbers of most,  if not all of the pace cars. He is the resident expert on these cars.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Peve1977

I have a 1973 Cadillac convertible and it is rumored to be a pace car does anyone have the list of vin numbers

TJ Hopland

StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

rikard454

Quote from: TJ Hopland on January 02, 2017, 11:37:41 PM
Here is a site with a list.

http://www.indy500pacecars.com/replica_list.html
That is only a list of the pace car replicas of 1973 that I have records off, the club has an authenticity manual with a complete list of all official 1973 pace car replicas - contains a lot of interesting reading as well.

Cheers!
/Rikard "owner of the above mentioned web site" :-)

Looks like someone is trying to sell a 1973 pace car in Sweden.

https://www.blocket.se/vi/70089351.htm

159 000 SEK ~> 16 500 USD

From Automotive Milepost:

"A 1973 Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado Convertible was chosen as the Pace Car for the 57th Annual 1973 Indianapolis 500 Race. This would be the second time a front wheel drive car had paced the festivities. A 1930 Cord served as the first front wheel drive Pace Car. A total of 566 cars were built under option number SR-X20, with 53 of them serving duty at the track around the time of the race, with the other 513 sent out to dealersâ€"one per dealerâ€"to display in their showrooms. After the race, the showroom Pace Car replicas were sold to the public. All were finished in Cotillion White with matching white convertible tops, Cotillion White hard boots, and Scarlet Red leather interiors. A dash plaque was mounted to the instrument panel on the passenger's side which stated: "This Eldorado Convertible is a limited edition replica of the 1973 Indianapolis 500 Pace Car."

See: http://automotivemileposts.com/contentseldorado.shtml

On Ebay there is one "Pace Car" for sale. Looks legit to me, but is it?
There is not a picture of a dash plaque, that was mounted to the instrument panel on the passenger's side, which stated: "This Eldorado Convertible is a limited edition replica of the 1973 Indianapolis 500 Pace Car." If there would be such plate on the dash a picture would normally be included in the add. So is this car a genuine 1973 Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado Convertible Pace Car for the 57th Annual 1973 Indianapolis 500 Race?

http://r.ebay.com/MVHs1C

g27g28

Scroll down to the pictures in the link you provided.  There is a close up of the plaque.
1941 Series 62
1954 Coupe DeVille
1978 Phaeton
1980 Fleetwood

bcroe

I just don't get it.  Sure there was a same year factory especially prepared
car used as a PACE CAR.  This car isn't it; it is only cosmetically the same
as the real one.  Why would anyone want this?  Of course I hate fake
wire wheel covers too.  Bruce Roe

76eldo

One of the replica models would be cool to have.  A Track car would be better but probably very expensive.  Since there is a VIN registry figuring out if one of these IS a Pace Car replica should be a no brainer.  There is a fairly complete but rough one near my house for $7500 if anyone is interested.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

jagbuxx #12944

Quote from: TJ Hopland on January 02, 2017, 11:37:41 PM
Here is a site with a list.

http://www.indy500pacecars.com/replica_list.html
One of the listed Pace Cars was for sale November 1974 from its original dealership, Vreeland Cadillac in Ventura California.....
My first car, the 1971 Buick Electra in the ad, would be mine about 2 weeks later and I would get my start in the auto business there in June 1976 as well...
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.