News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Window misalignment on '70 HT Sedan DeVille

Started by on_cue, August 19, 2008, 06:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on_cue

Has anyone had this problem? I replaced the weatherstripping on my '70 Cadillac Hard Top Sedan DeVille & find my front windows do not lay evenly on the weatherstripping, creating a 1/10" tapering space where the front & back windows meet. I researched the weatherstripping manufacturer & got confirmation that this is the right item for my 1970 model. Has anybody had this problem, & if so, what was the resolution?

Mark A

harvey b

Hello there,when installing new rubbers it is important to make sure the rubber has seated tight in the track,am not sure how they fit in?i would check and make sure they are pushed in all the way,if you shut the door and then roll up the windows are they ok,new rubbers are thicker then the old ones were and may need to be broken in?I would make sure they are seated properly first,maybe check and see if the windows are out of adjustment,maybe they are going up to high,there should be a stop that could be adjusted a bit lower for this,try spraying a bit of silicone on them to so the glass will slide in past them too. HTH Harvey B
Harvey Bowness

RobW

Look into to what Harvey said above and keep 2 things in mind. First, the new ones may not be exactly the same dimensions as the old ones and most likely someone may have adjusted the windows over the last 38 years to make up for the worn and somewhat collapsed original weatherstrips.
Rob Wirsing