News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

40-72 dash cluster gap

Started by jbento, August 26, 2008, 12:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbento

Howdy!

When installing the newly restored dash cluster, into the newly restored dashboard, there is about a 1/2" gap on the left hand side of the cluster that is quite noticable.  It seems that maybe there is supposed to be some kind of rubber maybe around the cluster?

What do I need and where do I get it (please)?

thanks!

Joe
Joe Bento
CLC# 20081
1940 Cadillac Series 72

Paul Ayres #5640

Joe - I'm not sure how you shrunk your cluster, but it should fit tight to the opening in the instrument panel. Just kidding, of course, but there is something amiss if you have a gap.  I will send a photo of my original 72 to you.  Paul Ayres

jbento

Sorry about the photos, but maybe they will help.
Joe Bento
CLC# 20081
1940 Cadillac Series 72

jbento

Joe Bento
CLC# 20081
1940 Cadillac Series 72

jbento

Problem solved.

The guys who restored the dash cluster, installed the bezel "backwards".  The "tab" was supposed tobe on the right.  Turned it around and it worked like a charm.

Thanks all!
Joe Bento
CLC# 20081
1940 Cadillac Series 72