News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

40-72 dash cluster

Started by jbento, September 02, 2008, 05:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbento

I'm still trying to resolve the gap issue that I am experiencing when installing the dash cluster into the dash of my 1940 series 72.

Attached is a pic of the tab on the left hand side of the cluster bezel.  This tab is creating a gap of about .25-.5 inch on the left hand side when installing the cluster.  The right hand side is flush.

That said, it appears that I am missing a piece that goes around the radio when installed.  It would go around the radio buttons and dial, and sit just above the center "grill/ash tray" piece.

One theory I have is that maybe the shop that restored the cluster installed the cluster bezel upside down, and the the gap should be on the right, and then covered by this mystery missing piece.

Any help, pics, part numbers, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Joe
Joe Bento
CLC# 20081
1940 Cadillac Series 72

jbento

Never mind.

Figured it out!   ;D
Joe Bento
CLC# 20081
1940 Cadillac Series 72