News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 - Rear springs sagging.

Started by paulp, September 02, 2008, 11:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulp

Prior to purchasing my 1941 6267, the car had new front coil springs installed.  This plus the rear leafs should have been replaced at the same time, leaves the rear end noticeably lower.  I would like to raise the rear an inch or two at the most.  Can any of you recommend an add on kit or helper springs that might solve this, a little to low in the rear problem.   Thanks Paul Price CLC 23300
Paul N. Price   CLC 23300

homeonprunehill

09-02-08
paul Have you throught about having the "rear springs " "RE-ARCH" to re-esatablish the problem with the low setting. Must cheaper then buying new springs. Good Luck,JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

paulp

JIM:  No I hadn't, but now that you mention it I'll look in the Modesto Phone Book and see if I can find someone that can do that.
I guess I was looking for a way to not have to remove the springs.    -  Paul  -
Paul N. Price   CLC 23300

homeonprunehill

09-04-08
PAUL, I doubt that looking at MODESTO,  CA? yellow-pages will do any good unless you talk to the owner of a welding shop. HTH Good Luck,JIM  ( P.S. Just make sure that they have workers that are either Gray or bald )
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

kelly

When I was re-doing my 57 Fltwd. 75 (big car), I ordered new leaf spring assemblies from Kanter Auto Parts. These were very heavy assemblies, and the cost was $480 with shipping.  One thing to consider when repairing or beefing up old set, is the condition of friction spacer wear between the individual leafs. Mine were worn and/or missing. That will change the stack/ ride height. Cost me about another $350 to have a really good spring shop re-fit the new assemblies.  No squeeks or complaints.
Kelly Martin
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS