News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Youtube videos, 1958 car comparisons.

Started by Robert Meyers, September 05, 2008, 11:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Meyers

Interesting...obviously sponsored by the Chrysler Corporation. Regardless, General Motors doesn't do that well. Enjoy!

Robert

Part 1:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBNWBHYp41w&feature=related

Part 2:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrKAVfS3Ui0&feature=related
1988 & '89 Broughams. 2 X 1992 Fleetwood. 1956 Packard Patrician. 1978 Peugeot 504 Wagon. 1975 Ford Custom 500 Wagon, 1972 Lincoln Continental.

Gunnar

Oh, don't you just love these old propaganda films? But it is true that Chrysler cars did have better handling and in many instances more power too. Quality and workmanship was another matter.
Thanks for posting
Gunnar S. Valdimarsson
CLC 24352
1964 Coupe de Ville

David #19063

The 392 Hemi 4bbl. was a very powerful motor for it's time.  And with an optional 2x4 bbl as well.
David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Hi Robert, thanks for posting. Several things: weren't Mopar brakes considered bad at that time? Also when they did the accellerartion " comparison", they did the old "rolling" start trick to deny the hydramatic cars their potent first gear. And old Tom McCahill gave his blessings. Gotta love it!  LOL, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Otto Skorzeny

That is funny. I don't know about the MOPAR brakes but the rolling start would more accurately reflect a real world situation. Most people are likely to need quick acceleration on the highway or in traffic, etc. Not many people need to be first off the line unless it's a drag race.

I've heard the handling was pretty good on Chryslers of that era but have never driven one. I don't slalom through cones in my Coupe de Ville so I don't worry about it too much.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

David #19063

Quote from: ottoskorzeny on September 06, 2008, 10:29:42 PM
I don't slalom through cones in my Coupe de Ville so I don't worry about it too much.

I've never slalomed though cones with any of my cars...but I have wanted too on several occasions...LOL!
David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours