News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

new member and new 1940 Cadillac owner

Started by titus, September 15, 2008, 11:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

titus

Just bought a 1940 Series 62 off of ebay. Will be doing a complete factory restore on it. Ill be searching the forum for the few days to gather up some info. Just thought some of yall would want to welcome a fellow Cadillac owner and look at the pics of my car
here it is

and heres a screen name to face picture

Don Boshara #594

From the owner of a '40 purchased in similar condition expect to spend at least twice as much money as you estimate and twice as long to do the job.
That said, I would recommend you join the Cadillac & LaSalle Club if for no other reason than it will repay its dues a dozen times over in assistance from members plus you'll meet a lot of great Cadillac and LaSalle owners.
1940 Sixty Special
1966 Mustang Cpe

Dave Leger CLC #19256

Conratulations Titus, and welcome to the club.  If you are doing a factory restoration, you should order an Authenticity Manual:  http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/authmanuals.shtml

You may also want to order a copy of your build sheet with the original specifications:  http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/authenticate.shtml

Welcome to the fun world of Cadillac flathead V-8 engines!  There are a lot of people here who are sources of knowledge and eager to help.

Dave
Dave Leger     1947 6207 Club Coupe

David #19063

David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours

Joe Manna

Titus,congrats on your purchase.It looks like a pretty,solid car to start off for a restoration.Good luck and hoping to see pictures of progress.
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

Jack Mcilwraith

If you do try to authenticate your car,use the serial number on the frame and not the one behind the waterpump,as it looks like that is a 1942-48 block.

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Nice! Am I seeing the body tag right? Body #2? That's significant and unique in itself. Welcome and Good Luck with it.

Paul
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

baxterculver

Welcome Titus.  We expect to hear from you frequently as you tackle the restoration process.  Where are you located? 

FYI, the Class 10 Authenticity Manual for your new treasure has just been released.  In it you will find detailed information on every aspect of your car, as it left the factory.  It will be a valuable guide to your restoration--especially if you want to take it back to "factory".  The manual is listed on this site under "Authenticity Manuals".

I own a '39 60S (picture attached) and should be able to assist if you get stuck or just want to talk through a procedure.
baxter culver clc#17184

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Congrats on your car find.  Love your pooch (I love German Shepherds) since
I've had three of them over 35 years. Good luck with your project.   Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

John Sorenson

Titus,  I am also starting a restoration project on my recently aquired 31 LaSalle convertible coup and find it frustrating to find numerous small parts needed.  I am used to restoring Model A Fords which there is an abundence of parts and information available.  However I have already found that networking with CLC members to be most rewarding, and if they don't have the part desired, will advise you where to look.  Just do lots of networking with CLC members and they will be glad to answer your questions, or give you a steer in the right direction.   

Ohio57-62Sedan

She's a real beauty,Titus. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress & transformation .. ;D