News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Employee Pricing for CLC Members? Read what Ford is doing.

Started by Fred Zwicker #23106, September 21, 2008, 06:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Zwicker #23106

:o  In addition to belonging to the CLC, I am also a member of the Lincoln and Continental Owner's Club.  In the March-April 2008 issue of "Lincoln and Continental Comments" the following news article was printed:

"Ford Extends Employee Pricing to all LCOC Members (article by Glenn Kramer)"

"We are pleased to announce that Ford Motor Company has extended its Employee Pricing Program to all members of the LCOC, effective immediately."

"All LCOC members are not eligible for the Ford X plan.  This covers ALL Ford and L/M (Lincoln/Mercury) products, cars and trucks. There is a form you need to fill out. It's available a the Lincoln Forum.net under "Private LCOC Member Forum", or you can call me at 832-368-2575 and I'll get you a copy."

"This is great news for both the LCOC and its members. It signifies the rebirth of the historic relationship between Ford and the LCOC."

<end of article>

So my question now is what about all of the CLC members receiving such a program with GM (or at least with Cadillac)?  I have no connections with the higher-ups at GM, but possibly one or more of our members may have such a connection and could work on this. Any ideas?  How about this Cadillac?

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

David King (kz78hy)

For the past 2 months, anyone could buy a new GM product for the same price I could.  So the ad's say.

I'm not sure what you were looking for here?

David  (GM employee)
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Fred Zwicker #23106

True - I also saw this offer during the past 2 months, but in today's local newspaper, the local GM dealer said that the offer would "absolutely end on September 30".  I imagine that the offer will be extended, but for the long run, it would be nice for CLC members if we could get a little break and this could make the difference in making our buying decision.  If and when things stabllize in the new car market, such offers may not be available to non-employees. Just wondering if anything like this is possible.

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

David King (kz78hy)

Hello Fred

I do not think it will be extended again, so the time is now for this promotion.

I'm a worker bee, so policy desicions are way out side my area.  GM Salaried employees can provide a few supplier discounts  per year, but employee pricing is rarely offered outside the company.

As a regular consumer, I to am always looking for the better deal, but I hope our current and future products are compelling enough to win over the purchasing decision without a discount.

Cadillac should be a brand that is purchased because it fulfills your desires and you want it.  Not because you saved 15 cents compared to something else. 

Just my 2 cents.  I am biased, proud, and approve this message.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Guidematic

I agree. You should always consider price in the purchase of a car, but I know GM is working to make people buy the cars without the discounts. This includes more content, great build quality and styling that is far superior to anything else out there. Also perceived quality and lack of any problems help in the purchase.

With the loss of the big high margin vehicles like the SUV's as the prime profit makers, everyone has to make money from the more mainstream products. This is the best way to do it. It was that the vehicle was made to the price of the discount, or incentive so that they would not lose money, but the product was substandard in many ways.

Toyota and Honda are moving product sans the incentives, and making a killing. GM had to offer the incentives just to move product. Not any more. Look at how well the Malibu is doing. And the CTS. I don't think that these cars are being sold with huge discounts.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69