News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Dash Woodgrain Applique

Started by mtutts, September 24, 2008, 12:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtutts

Hi-
I'd like to replace the woodgrain dash trim on my '68 DeVille.  I've searched hi and low for a replacement with no luck.  Does any body know where to find this part?  Any other suggestions?
Thank you,
Mike

homeonprunehill

09-24-08
MTUTTS,for a cheap way to go, try "contact-paper", it comes in several wood-grains HTH Good Luck,JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

Glen

The original dash had a real wood veneer not an appliqué. It’s rose wood glued onto a thin sheet of metal that is then glued to the dash. 

Glen
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

jagbuxx #12944

I would contact Madera Concepts in Goleta, Ca.
They can probably reveneer your panel.
I've worked with them for about 20 years.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

68 Deville

Mike, There is a guy on ebay he sells the whole kit for the 2 door. It includes the dash piece, the 2 front doors and the 2 for the back. I recently bought a set and they are the real wood veneer, with the metal on the back. They are not NOS but they look like the ones that came with the car.  He sells the whole kit for $280 plus shipping. If you are still interested let me know and I will give you his contact information. Thanks, Joe

Jim Skelly, CLC #15958

Does this guy also sell the kit for the '68 Eldorado?

Glen

I was going to ask the same question. 

68 Deville can you post the contact information here? 

Thanks
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

John Abend

Hi Guys,

I'm the guy 68Deville was talking about who makes the wood veneers.  To date, I can remake the 68 DevIlle convertibles, 68 Eldorados and as soon as I get in new steel backing plates and dies, I'll be making the 69-70 Deville Convertibles and Fleetwoods.  Since I only make these in my spare time, it takes me quite a while to get a set done atm.  I have the dies to make the 68-70 Dash Veneer pieces ( the one piece for 68, the 3 for 69 and the whole bunch for 1970) but most people just want the full set with the door panels rather than just the dash pieces alone, but I can make them if requested.  I normally list them on ebay as I have a list about 20 deep for each model of people that want them and can only make them so fast (more like so slow though).  I'll be listing a full 68 Deville set tonight and a 68 Dash piece.

John
captcadillac on ebay
John Abend

'68 Sedan deVille Hardtop
'74 Eldorado Convertible
'87 Allante Convertible
'15 XTS Platinum VSport

kelly

While we are speaking of applique's, I have a '57 75 series showing a little wear by the hand holds of the rear divider.  Any recommendations.  I'm thinking of hand painting to match.
Kelly Martin
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS