News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

93 sedan heater core

Started by Dan Marinola, September 30, 2008, 09:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Marinola

Does anyone know how to remove the heater hoses from the heater core on this car? I have the tool to remove the clamps,but how do you remove the hoses? Will they pull through the firewall to the inside of the car? HELP!!!!

Guidematic

The heater hoses have to be removed from the lines from the core. They will not pull through. They can get stuck on there pretty good. Try twisting them. I know the space is tight, though. If not, you can use a good razor blade and cut a slice through them, insert a screwdriver and peel them over. But you will have to replace the hoses then.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

Ohio57-62Sedan

hey Dan I would just use a big pry bar.and they will pop off. are you replacing the heater core ??

Dan Marinola

Hi John,yes I am replacing the heater core,and its not a nice job! Why would any engineer do this to a mechanic I dont know. Ill try the pry bar and see what happens. Stay tuned. Thanks for the reply. Dan

Ohio57-62Sedan

:D :D I just thought, if your replaceing it, what do you care what you do to the core?   :D :D I know it's not an easy Job.after your upside down for a while the swelling in you eye's will go down. and put a fender cover or towl over the door panel  it's a nice place to rest your leg's.  Trust me your not the only on looking for an engineer, after you have had a few to drink!!! They don't have to fix the dam thing, it just has to work.. Take your time on the inside all that stuff is brittle

Guidematic

Engineers leave us guys all kinds of these little gems. You get used to it after awhile.

You can get brutal with a pry bar if you have no further use for the heater core. But watch the hands if the bar slips off!

Mike
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

Ohio57-62Sedan

that why they call us busted knuckle's...    :D

Guidematic

And I've got lots of those too.

Mike