News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1931 Phaeton vs 1931 Sports Phaeton

Started by Ross Morgan #22943, October 05, 2008, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Morgan #22943

I went searching but couldn't find the difference between a "standard" '31 Phaeton and a '31 Sports Phaeton. I guess the obvious answer is that there must be! A couple of other questions - does anyone know what the productions numbers were and secondly, I've seen several painted in a shade of red; was that an original colour?  Thanks!  Ross.

Tom Hall 7485

If you're thinking of the V-8 cars, the different styles are on p. 158 of the McCall reference book.
There was a five-passenger phaeton, a five-passenger All-Weather Phaeton (actually a convertible
sedan in that the side windows roll up and down), and a seven-passenger Touring Car (a phaeton
in that it has four doors and side curtains, not roll-up windows).  Of the three, the first is the most
likely to be called a "sport phaeton".  The V-12 and V-16 cars had counterparts in all three styles,
with the V-16 sport phaeton, Style 4260, having a retractable windshield for the rear seat passengers.
Tom Hall, CLC Member 7485, Lifetime member since the mid-1990s.