News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Color striped vacuum hoses available?

Started by PerryB, October 06, 2008, 10:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerryB

Hello - I'm on a mission to replace all of my vacuum hoses on a '68 Eldorado (car sat for a long time).  I haven't been able to find anywhere to buy new vacuum hoses with the color code stripes...just plain black.   I see that color striped kits are available for the Mustangs and Corvettes so figure someone must be making them..

Has anyone found a way to buy these?

Thanks much,
Perry
Perry Bush
1957 Eldorado Brougham #213

Ted in Olympia WA

I just took out all the hoses out of a 67 Eldorado, I think everything is there except for the rear trunk.

If you are interested let me know.  These are original and look to be in good shape. 

tmdunlap@comcast.net

TED
Selling used Eldorado Parts from 1971-1978.  Member Number 25659.

PerryB

Thanks, appreacite the reply but I think you've misunderstood.   I'm not missing any hoses, I'm looking for new hoses because they're new rather than 40 years old.  I believe that putting this work in up front will save me hassle down the road trying to find leaks, collapses, etc...

if I can't find new striped hoses, I'll just go ahead with all black.
Perry Bush
1957 Eldorado Brougham #213

quadfins

I don't think new striped hoses are available.
I took model airplane paint, and put daubs of the selected colors down my new hoses at appropriate intervals. It is not as perfectly authentic as stripes, but I can tell which hose is which, and can hook them up correctly.
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

Mike Beda

I can't find striped hoses either, but Mr. Gasket makes solid colored hoses.  I've found these in two places online:

perfromanceparts.com and store.summitracing.com

-mB
'76 Sedan DeVille

Bill Ingler #7799

Try the Parts Place 630-365-1800. They list 5/32 vacuum hose with white stripe at $3 a foot. Correct for some GM cars