News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Roof seal for 1930 Sedan

Started by wayne #17075, October 17, 2008, 08:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne #17075

I'm trying to find a source for the aluminum roof seal for my 1030 LaSalle sedan. Can any body help?
Wayne

wayne #17075

Hasn't any body replaced the top seal?

Wayne Womble 12210

I used my old stuff .  At the time I couldnt find anything that was exactly the same as the old, but the Model A and other old car suppliers had similar materials that could be  used.

Johan Boltendal #158

This is a copy of an earlier reply on the same subject
Many years ago at Hershey I ran across this product. If he still makes it try: Paul Bittner, 3 Karen Rd, Norristown ,PA 19401. Phone 215-277-3992. There are similair mouldings used in the tops of Model A Fords, but they may not be long enough. Warren  Rauch   07 2008

wayne #17075

Wayne & Johan,
Thanks for the info. It's one of the last things for my sedan. I'd hate to have the roof leak onto my new interior!!
Wayne

Warren Rauch

I see one of my old listings is being quoted. Is it still avalible? If not , try Resteration Supply Co. 1-800-306-7008 Mon thru Thur.They supply a brass moulding That has  a lead bead on it. You have to in stall your own nails but it should work and is avalible in up to 8 foot pieces. Warren

wayne #17075

Thanks Warren, I'll give them a call.
Wayne