News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

How to change cornering lamps in a 75 eldo

Started by TJ Hopland, November 01, 2008, 09:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ Hopland

How do you change the cornering lamps bulbs in a 75 eldo?  I was thinking the sockets rotated out the back but they dont seem to want to move so before I force them I wanted to make sure that was how they were supposed to come out.   The tail lights were a major pain to change so I guess it would not surprise me if those were as bad or worse.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

J

i am not sure about the cornering lambs i thought they just rotated out back as well   you say the tail lambs were hard i thought you un screw filler pieces and remove are there any other issues i should be aware of as i need to replace 1 side although i am going to replace both since 1 went i am sure the other is to follow  thanks ,mrjb
Cadillac got me!!!

76eldo

Between the owner's manual, and a shop manual, all bulb change procedures should be documented.

I would consult the owner's manual first.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

TJ Hopland

Tail lights:  first open trunk. Remove screws in metal strip under lights.  Remove metal strip. Remove the 4 or 5? screws in the plastic filler.  Carefully bend and twist it around as needed to get it out. Im not sure how its attached to the side filler, I had to break the chrome edge thing on mine but it looks like if it was in good condition it may slide apart.   After all that you can remove the screws that hold the lens cap on and get to the lamps. I remember 4 shoulder looking screws so there may have been some other plate or cover on something.  Its mostly messing with those often brittle fillers that is such a pain. On mine the problem turned out to be a bad crimp where the wires from the sockets go to a connector through the trunk wall so I took it all apart for nothing.  Each socket has its own leads to this connector so one can work and not the other.

I am getting a shop manual, I have a 73 and 77,78.  77 seems to be pretty close.  Am hoping that the supplement will be enough so I dont have to buy a 74 also.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason