News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

40 lasalle Ignition Switch Cable Removal

Started by Bob Kazawic, November 04, 2008, 01:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kazawic

How do you remove the armor cable cover between the ignition switch and the coil cap? I was able to get the ignition switch apart but cannot figure out how to take the back piece off so I can replace wire inside the cable I cannot find any info on how these parts are put together.
Bob. 

Bill Ingler #7799

Insert a thin blade of steel about 015 thickness and about 1/2 inch wide between the coil and the coil end cap at a point approximately 1 inch left of the cable or seam on the coil can. Twist end cap to allow the metal tab inside the cap to disengage from the lock recess which is underneath the cap and part of the end of the coil. I can`t remember if you turn left or right but it does not take much of a turn to disengage the tab. When you get the cap off look closely at the wire coming through the cable. If that insulation is bad, especially as it leaves the coil and makes a turn, you would be wise to replace the wire. This wire can and has given a dead short from missing insulation. 

Bill Ingler #7799

Bob: If I had have read your question correctly the first time I would have said for replacing this wire, call Marty Watkins at 215-355-1519. I believe he was advertising this service of new wire replacement for the armored cable.

Bob Kazawic

Bill, I was able to get the cap off the coil, I could not figure out how to get the wire off the other end at the ignition. I got that end apart but could not figure how to get to wire , I will try that reference you gave me, the big question is how to get the cable off the metal caps at each end.
Bob