News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1939 60 Special paint combinations

Started by Chuck--#21953, November 06, 2008, 07:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck--#21953

Where can I find the correct exterior color combinations for my 60 Special?

Otto Skorzeny

The information is on your car's id plate. Post the information here and readers will tell you what color your car was/should be.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Chuck-#21953

Quote from: ottoskorzeny on November 06, 2008, 07:59:49 PM
The information is on your car's id plate. Post the information here and readers will tell you what color your car was/should be.
Otto,
Thanks for the reply but I wasn't specific enough in my request.  I want a two tone paint scheme on my car and want to know what the available color combinations  were for 1939.

Chuck

Warren Rauch

There were only two factory two-tones in 1939. Combination 63,Ludington Green (upper), English Gray (lower) and Combination 64 ,Silver French Gray Iridescent (upper), Monterey Blue Iridescent (lower) Warren

buicksplus

You may find this site useful, it has scans of PPG paint chips and colors offered in 39 and 40.  Unfortunately, the PPG codes listed are not of much value today, the paint manufacturers don't use the same tints and colors today.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/

Good luck!
Bill Sullivan CLC# 12700