News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

What is the correct seat belt length for a 58 series 62 sedan?

Started by Chris_58, November 08, 2008, 12:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris_58

Hi again,

I want to make my car a little safer and I am looking into installing seat belts (lap belts). I found several companies that offer the seat belts I like, but they also offer them in different lengths. What would be the correct length for the front seat (Series 62 sedan) and the back seat? Does anybody have a dimensional sheet where the bolts should be located?

Thanks again for the help,
Chris

Warren Rauch

Cadillac had a problem with how long to make seat belts too. For 1957 they ended up having to add 14 inches during the model year. This from Parts and  Accessories Buletin  #725 (April 8,1957) The new belt length was 96 inches. Since 58's are very close to 57's ,I would use that number. How to exactly mount them is your best guess,but be sure to use fender washers so they don't pull thru. Warren

John Shumate #21509

I replaced belts in a '58 60 Special. I got the short ones, and I can use them because I am skinny. They are short!
John
John Shumate CLC #21509