News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Heater Cores - Available as New?

Started by Jack McClow CLC #15840, November 13, 2008, 11:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack McClow CLC #15840

I am beginning the next phase of restoration on my '57 convertible ........... I have a list of things to locate and the first on the list is a heater core ........ is there a source for these as newly manufactured?  Or is a re-core of the original the only option.

Thanks,

Jack.

JIM T.

11-12-08
JACK, If you can't fine a NOS heater core, Have that one re-cored.The RAD. SHOP will pressure-test it before releasing.Good Luck JIM

Jack McClow CLC #15840

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply.  I didn't even try to look for a NOS heater core ....... I was (am) afraid it would be much less reliable than a re-core ....... I've never seen any for sale anyway.   I have looked all around for a place that might be making new cores to fit my car, but had no luck.  So I guess we'll go with a re-core of the one from my car and move on to the next problem.

Thanks again,

Jack.

walt chomosh #23510

Jack,
  My 1955CDV had a heater core leak,and my local radiator shop went to his suppliers catalog and found the correct size.(my core was 50% larger then most cores!) I believe he put my ends on the core.....walt...tulsa,ok   

Jack McClow CLC #15840

Thanks, Walt, so much for sharing your experience.  It was my thought we would follow the same process, with my car, as you did with yours, but my restoration guy wanted me to at least check around to see if any firm was manufacturing new complete cores ...... I hadn't been able to find anyone doing so, and you and the other replies to my post have confirmed what I had been told during my search.

Thanks for the help,

Jack.