News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillacs in Old Postcards/Pictures

Started by ForwardLook, December 05, 2007, 08:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForwardLook

Fins glad you liked the pics,here's a couple from Florida

Barry

I really love these old pics and postcards !
Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman
1961Continental Convertible

Johnny F #662

Quote from: ForwardLook on March 09, 2008, 07:01:59 PM

Besides the Cadillacs, its great seeing the other cars and buildings of the different era's.  One has to wonder how the guy with the ford got in with  the Cadillacs.

homeonprunehill

Quote from: Johnny F #662 on March 09, 2008, 10:52:14 PM
Quote from: ForwardLook on March 09, 2008, 07:01:59 PM

Besides the Cadillacs, its great seeing the other cars and buildings of the different era's.  One has to wonder how the guy with the ford got in with  the Cadillacs.

03-09-08
Lovers Of older cars on post-cards.  the owner of the PORD Also ownes the Motel (Couldn't aford a Cadillac along with the Motel) . Good Luck,JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: homeonprunehill on March 10, 2008, 12:48:10 AM
Lovers Of older cars on post-cards.  the owner of the PORD Also ownes the Motel (Couldn't aford a Cadillac along with the Motel) . Good Luck,JIM 
I wouldn't pass up that Ford if I could find it at my price.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

ForwardLook

couple of Cadillac dealerships early '60s

ForwardLook

Quote from: South_paw on March 11, 2008, 07:29:02 PM
Mark,
Bullseye!!!!!!   I grew up down the block from the Cadillac dealer in that last picture(LI,N.Y.) . They sold Used Cadillacs there up into the early 1980's.  The building is still there & as recently as last year it was still a used car lot.   I will try and get an "after" picture for a then and now  8) 

You blew me right out of my chair with this one!
Thanks ,
Lou 
Glad you liked it Lou,shame the limo company has no Cadillacs in it's fleet.Couple of '59s.

ForwardLook

couple more '59s

Barry

Here's one from Myrtle Beach. SC--Notice the Continental Mark II also !
Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman
1961Continental Convertible

ForwardLook

some American Graffiti

Johnny

Yep this is what I was looking for, to show a couple of new pics I found.  These are Philadelphias photo archives.  I imagine most big cities have them also online.

Johnny

In 1957, a corporation headed up by W.H. (Bill) Pierce opened an emergency and transfer ambulance service in Dallas called Ambulance Service Co. of Dallas.

In this picture, Gordon K. Allen, left, presents the keys to the new handsome fleet to Gordon Campbell, center, of Morticians Supply Co. of Dallas, who was the manager of the new ambulance service, while Ralph Muter, left, regional manager for Superior Coaches, looks on.

Johnny

Gordon K. Allen moved his Superior Coach dealership into this new location at 3909 E. Overton Rd. in Dallas in the 1960s. The dealership moved across the street in the 1970s to 3910 E. Overton Rd, where it remains in 2008. The Chevrolet stationwagon ambulance at the first of the line was for Dudley M. Hughes Funeral Home of Dallas.

Johnny

Gross Mortuary operated three black hearse / ambulance combinations as back-up ambulances in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Here a 1964 Cadillac combination is at the screne of a taxi - car collision on busy Central Avenue in 1964. Photo taken by commercial police photographer Bunny Dever.

Otto Skorzeny

Lou, who's the guy getting into the Olds?
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Otto Skorzeny

The neighbor's trunk probably wouldn't have much to say since Jimmy .wouldn't disappear for another 17 years.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE