News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

pictures of our 1959 cadillac seville

Started by MichaelJBak, December 02, 2008, 12:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelJBak

here are a few pictures of the 59 eldorado seville we just bought about a month ago. awesome car, gets a lot of attention.

MichaelJBak

a little more info on the seville, we found it on ebay with a buy it now price. fairly good price for a car they only made 975 of. it came fairly complete with all the hard to find eldo trim all there with exception to the skirt trim which i found for sale luckily. it has the tri power engine, factory air suspension, and all numbers are matching. the original colors were white with a black vinyl top, it has been repainted since. its believed to have been in CA since 1964. the car has black plates and a stack of license stickers dating all the way back to 64, which is kind of cool. let me know what you guys think. we just got into the 59 cadillacs about a year ago, and we were looking for a driver quality coupe to buy, then came across this, which is more for investment at the moment because of the low production numbers.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Very sweet, and with a couple of Nomads for company, you have it made.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Joe Manna

Mike,very nice car! My buddy has a few 59's,including a Seville and a Biarritz.Just picked up a low mileage 59 Coupe.Not only do you own a Caddy,but I like the "Bowties" in the driveway.

Good luck with the 59.

Joe
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

XGLEGAL

Michael, very nice car.  I think you did just fine at 35k, if I recall correctly.
  You said you "just got into the 59 about a year ago"...... Well, just be careful, I also started with the 59 and then eventually also got hooked on the majesty of the 57 cads... eventually one runs into storage problems!
  Good luck and congrats... Xavier
Xavier A. Gutierrez, Esq.  CLC # 24068
1957 Ser. 62 Conv.
1957 Eldo Biarritz
1957 CDV
1961 Ser. 62 Conv.

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Very nice car, and I like the color combination!  I have a black 59 Sedan De Ville and it attracts a lot of attention, but your car would make mine pale in comparison.  You don't really park it on the street do you?

Stewart Homan

Super nice cruiser - great to see a Seville - they're getting tough to find!

'mads look way cool too!

As they say, '...once you've had Cads, you won't go back!' :)

MichaelJBak

. it might seem like a big price for the car, but the paint is in excellent condition, all the chrome is redone, stainless polished, interior like new. definately not a project car. i just talked to a guy on the east coast that just sold a project seville for 25k, which he said wasnt a bad price for the car. with only 975 built, i dont think its a outlandish price either. we thought this car was going to be a lot worse than it was when we went to pick it up. you dont really see too many 59 sevilles for sale. when the market really takes off on these 59 caddys like they have been, and will continue to, like i predict, i think the seville is going to be a very valuable, in demandcar, since the biarritz price range is too high for a lot of people. weve always been a fan of the swooping side trim on these eldos and knew the only chance to own a car with the trim is with a seville, or finding the trim and putting it on a coupe deville. another thing that really sold me on the car is the factory air suspension still there. most 59 eldos i see on ebay and other internet sites have removed the air ride, which i think is very cool, especially when theres no air in the bags, the car is basically sitting on the ground. looks awesome. i know people have had problems with the factory air ride and thats why they were all removed, but it doesnt take much to make it work. its very unique for a 50s car to have this option, and makes the car more valuable/collectable if we go to sell. the only thing we have done to the car is added LED rear taillights. my dad and i were cruising and i was behind him in my 57 chevy nomad, and i noticed the brake lights arent as bright as i would want them if i were driving. the last thing you want is someone bashing into a rearend of a 59 caddy with all that chrome. i found some LED taillights on ebay, and they work very well. i recommend anyone considering these on their 59 or any other year to definately make the upgrade. the LEDs are as bright as a new cadillac escalade.  does anyone make interior lenses for the 59s? most of all our interior lenses are missing.

Stewart Homan

Have you tried Caddy Daddy in Napa 1-707-252-2339 - He should have them!

76eldo

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

MichaelJBak

caddy daddy emailed today, and he has the dome lenses, one for each side but doesnt have the red lenses for the side panels, is this an eldo exclusive lense? any idea where i can find these along with the circular lenses for the lower part of the side panels?

Stewart Homan

Caddy Daddy should have the lower round lenses - they are the same as a DV lens

The red lens is Eldo only - You could try George McVey for that part!

MichaelJBak

here is an interior shot. everything looks to be in great shape. its missing a piece of trim that goes behind the front seats, which i believe is eldorado exclusive. luckily right when we bought this car i found a guy who had a bunch of eldorado parts for sale so i picked up everything as spares including the hard to find side trim, rocker trim, tri carb set up with air cleaner, and he thinks he might have the interior trim thats eldo exclusive.

Stewart Homan

Wow, that is really great to see! It's different over here in Europe but in the States it's unusual to see young guys getting into the full-size fifties cruisers!

There's no doubt about it, they are the best!

Good on you!

I have a '57 'mad myself at the moment which I have on the market - I do have '55, '57 and '58 Chevy convertibles though which are all keepers!

I'm surprised nobodys re-popped those seat back trims - I think they are cast rather than pressed but what you say is true - Eldo only!

If you are actively chasing down parts, I need a pair of super clean 59 Cad 2 door rear quarters from any model should you run across them!

Good luck!

Stew

MichaelJBak

nice nomad! email me regarding details of the nomad, would love to see more pictures of it...

Johnny

Very encouraging to see a person in their 20's with an appreciation of the older cars.  We need more like him to keep the hobby alive.