News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

38-6119

Started by Phil Taylor, November 16, 2008, 12:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Taylor

Being it has taken a little over 3 years, in a one car garage, doing "Everything Myself", it is about to see the Sun and be a driver again.  I know, some will say "What a Two Tone 38", well I have driven this car since the mid 60's to High School, and all over the country for 40+ years and she has never missed a lick, ever, but paint can be replace  ;-).  The final touch being the Center Dash Section.  Early Plastic sure falls apart... Solution - Make your own with what you have...  Walnut w/White Oak Trim - sure looks better the a hole in the dash.......
Getting to the point -
I will be listing a whole lot of 38 Caddy Odd's and End's once I get this Caddy out of the garage and I can make some space. Anyone wanting these parts lets me know. I would rather see them used to get another Caddy on the road then rust away.  I'll box them up and send them out.  You cover the shipping and whatever you think is a fair and reasonable price. I'm not going to haggle over $$$ or what its worth, rather what its worth to you........ List Posted in a couple weeks.

Phil Taylor

JIM T.

11-16-08
PHIL T. Nice woodwork on the dash. Are you sure that car isn't a 60S? Judgeing from the hood,grill and dash I would have  to say 60S. Again, nice woodwork! Good Luck,JIM

Phil Taylor

No, it is a 6119. While the 60S's front does look a lot alike, the rear doors and trunk define the S series. Also the Grill Bars are close but are not interchangeable.

Note trunk line in pic......

Phil

BJM

Phil,
As one contemplating a 1938 60S purchase I would be interested in 'odds and ends' for sure.

Glen

I have a 38-7519 I’m restoring.  I may be interest in any parts you might have.

Glen
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104