News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac Coupe front and rear window replacement questions

Started by Chuck Dykstra, November 23, 2008, 08:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Dykstra

When I disassembled our 56 Coupe DeVille about 6 years ago, I thought I'd remember how things went back together ithout extensive pictures or labeling!  Among the mess is now my window glass. I seems to have several baggoes of unidentified clips that I think belong to either the front or rear glass. Is there anyone who can give me some assistance that has replaced either of the recently? My service manual isn't answering all my questions like I thought it would. Thanks much! Chuck

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello Chuck,
  i can tell you this . I had the winshield out of my 1957 . and the clips that were really kind of strange were the top clips on the front windshield .  you have to take down the  headliner so it is aprox. 12 inches away from the windshield  . You will notice  5 cavities  on the  top inside roof spaced aprox  10 inches apart that the upper windshield clips fit into .  these clips fit thru the rubber gasket on the outside of the windshield and go right thru into the inside of the car .( studed rods )As i recall they are 10/32 nuts .   as i recal the rest of the clips are pretty much standard .  Good Luck

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS