News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Heated seat problem on 2000 DTS

Started by Joe Hogan (4967), November 29, 2008, 11:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Hogan (4967)

I have a 1967 Caddy which I have no problem fixing. But my 2000 DTS is giving me fits to fix the headed seats. Both front seats are not working,but the rears are O.K.  The stand-by power to the heated seat module is fine. The operating buttons are working in the door panel and the power to the seat elements comes on for a second and them shuts off.  The back cushion elements on each side reads 16 ohms.  The bottom seat cushion reads 16 ohms across all three elements.  The thermistors in all four cushions reads 12.3 ohms.  Any help with this problem would be appreciated.
                                                                                    Thanks
                                                                              Joe Hogan  (Member 4967)

Dave Shepherd

Joe with BCM and module controls components in these cars, a factory manual and some specialized test equipment is almost a must, assuming good grounds I would suggest a subscription to Alldata.com, the required trouble tree for these components will steer you the diagnostic process.