News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1937 Heater

Started by Steve Rinaldo, December 01, 2008, 07:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Rinaldo

I am installing a factory heater in my 1937 6019 sedan and have a question on hose routing. There is a tap on the passenger side head for one hose, where does the other hose connect. Thanks, Steve . I am also still looking for a pair of trunk hinges in good condition.

Roger H

Here is a pic of my 36 v12, the heater hose is in the left upper radiator hose
Roger
Roger Hundtoft
1936 Fleetwood 8509
Lynnwood Wa

homeonprunehill

12-02-08
Steve, there is a tap in the water-pump, instll a short length of pipe, it will be either larger OR smaller then to tap you had to remove in the pass.side head, BTW,where you had to remove the tap. there is supposed to be a SHUT-OFF Valve in that hole, so you can shut off the water to the heater in the Summer. Another thing,Bleed the air-out of the heater by looosening up the TOP hose and slide it off a little and useing a battery operator or a double insulater 110volt drill and drill a small hole in the top of the tube. As soon as cooolent start to come out, pushy the hose in place and tighten hose clamp.Good Luck,JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES