News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Familiar w/ Dealer in FLA? - Dream Car Classics

Started by Chris Conklin, December 02, 2008, 05:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Conklin

Wondering if anybody has some knowledge of, or experience with, Dream Car Classics in Florida that they could relate. Seems to be a pretty sizable operation, some nice vehicles on their web site. They've been very responsive to a couple e-queries of mine, appreciate any insights before I spend money on any vehicle inspections. Can send negatives to my e-mail directly at conklins@mac.com. Thanks.

Chris
Chris Conklin

Johnny

First the disclaimer, I have never dealt with this Dealer(?) or know anything at all about them, so I am completely neutral about them.  With this said, I would just make the comment, that I personally don't like to deal with Internet businesses, that don't offer an address or phone number to reach them.  I wouldn't want to spend thousands of dollars with a business, that I don't know where they are, or how to reach them other then on the Internet.

I am in the Tampa are, and if you decide to do business with them, and they are in the Tampa area, I would be glad to do an amateur inspection for you.

TonyZappone #2624

I am in the Jupiter-West Palm beach area.  The name sounds familiar.  If they are close by, I will try to help you out.  Tony
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Chris Conklin

Thanks for the responses and offers to assist, much appreciated.

They do have their "brick & mortar" info on the site, they're in Largo, FLA. I'll be phoning one of their reps later today for more data on a '75 Eldorado that they've had listed for a while. Link to their home page below; they have a couple very early Cadillacs and a couple other brass era cars listed that might be of interest. Seems to be a pretty nice operation. I've never purchased a car from 3,000 miles away (have had a couple very disappointing experiences, one in FLA), so again, thanks for your kind offers of assistance. I'll gladly return the favor if you need any help here in Southern California. But I keep seeing ads for great California cars that are no longer in the state! Geez... how do you get them before they get away?!?

http://www.dreamcarclassicsonline.com/
Chris Conklin

Johnny

Quote from: Chris Conklin on December 03, 2008, 02:14:09 PM
Thanks for the responses and offers to assist, much appreciated.

They do have their "brick & mortar" info on the site, they're in Largo, FLA. I'll be phoning one of their reps later today for more data on a '75 Eldorado that they've had listed for a while.

Hey Chris,

My mistake, I must have found a different website for a business with a similar name.  In any event, I am close to Largo, less then an hour, and would be happy to assist you in any way I can.  I have a digital camera and can take any pictures you would want to see.  Please understand that I am not a "nuts and bolts" type of guy, but experienced enough to give you an adequate description of the car.  If you decide to make a purchase, I could be "your man in Florida", and assist you as much as possible.  Having had shipped my car from up North, when I moved to Florida, I know how nice is to have someone "on the other end" of a transaction.  When I moved, I had my car shipped to a friend that already lived here, and it made the move much less complicated.

Chris Conklin

Thanks to all for the responses and generous offers of assistance. I also had response directly to my e-mail. I'll definitely take advantage of your help if I go forward with this dealer, but it's not very likely at this point.

Just as an FYI for any interested forum readers out there - this dealer requires a refundable deposit of 10% of the asking price to make the car available for inspection. I do understand and appreciate the reasoning they gave for this requirement, it just doesn't sit well with me. Again, thanks to all.
Chris Conklin

35-709

10% down just to see the car!?  Refundable or not, that's BULL!  Sounds a little like LUVDG.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Chris Conklin

Oh gosh! Hahahahaha - I've had dealings with LUVDG as well. He didn't charge to have the car inspected but man! - What a mess that "beautiful unrestored classic" was!! I sat here with my jaw on the floor reading the inspection report and looking at the pictures. It amazes me how badly the vehicle can be misrepresented by a seller when he knows it is going to be inspected. I'm still laughing from your post, thanks for the memories!
Chris Conklin

David #19063

Quote from: Chris Conklin on December 04, 2008, 05:36:18 PM
Just as an FYI for any interested forum readers out there - this dealer requires a refundable deposit of 10% of the asking price to make the car available for inspection. I do understand and appreciate the reasoning they gave for this requirement, it just doesn't sit well with me. Again, thanks to all.

RUN!   RUN AWAY!   RUN FAR AWAY!
David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours

Johnny

Quote from: Chris Conklin on December 04, 2008, 05:36:18 PM

There seems to be no end of individuals that seem to fancy themselves as "Purveyors of Fine Motorcars", who choose to conduct their businesses with different, shall we say, rules of conduct.  All I can say it must be nice to be so rigid in conducting a business of selling cars, in today's present economic climate.