News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1975 Cadiillac Limousine on EBay

Started by mustang, December 04, 2008, 08:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang

I am new to your Forum, but have always been a fan of Cadillac Limousines.  There is a 1975 Limousine currently on EBay which appears to be in nice condition.  The car is advertised as perhaps being from the White House motor pool as there are Presidential Seals on the upholstery and red parade lights on the front of the car.  Could this car actually have that pedigree?  I really appreciate any input you may have.
Thanks,
Greg Gisler
Oklahoma City

Otto Skorzeny

If it is, that would be quite unusual but not impossible. Only recently has the Secret Service stopped releasing the cars for general sale. Look for the recent thread in this forum on presidential limos and contact Charles Barnette. He may be able to tell you how to verify the authenticity of the claim.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

okccadman

Most White House cars were Formal Limousines with dividers.  That looks like a very nice car anyhow.  Nice ones are hard to find.  Check carefully for rust under the vinyl top.  Here is my 76 smooth top that I found in Tulsa with 40,000 original miles.  The Presidential seals are magnets by the way.  These are great cars and attract lots of attention!
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

Otto Skorzeny

Looking at that car on ebay, I'm pretty certain it's not a presidential car. The seller makes no claim as such - only that it's the same style as the presidential limos - which it certainly is.

I believe the emblems, flags, etc. were just added for show.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Greg Gisler

I am very grateful for the responses.  I had the privilege of owning both a 1966 Formal Limousine and a 1973 Limousine some time back and have always hoped to run across a nice '75 or '76 model.  These are just beautiful automobiles!  Thanks again...