News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1928 buffalo wire wheel size A-5

Started by bruce paterson, December 03, 2008, 07:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bruce paterson

I have been searching for one hex retainer ring for the buffalo wire wheels on a 1928 buick 54-c master series that I am restoring. I made the assumption that perhaps GM used the same wire wheel in 1928 on other models besides Buick. I posted on the AACA general discussion forum my quest and was informed that Buick was the only model GM used that wheel on that year after aquiring the Ash Wheel co. While I certainly do not doubt the sincerity of that gentlemans posted information and I am gratefull for the info, if anyone can confirm that he is correct I can abandon my search of other models and just limit it to the BCA. Thanks Bruce Paterson

Warren Rauch

I checked a Hollander manual. They list Buick 26-28 models 40-58  with 21 inch by 4 1/2 wire wheels , as fitting only themslves.  No mention is made of the locking ring, only.  Cadillac did use 21 inch wire wheels on series 61,63, and some 314 models ( 21- about 26) . The Cadillac part # for the ring is 51358, since there was little cooperation between divisions even if the Buick number is different it means nothing.Warren

bruce

Thanks for the information and the effort Warren.
I'll probably end up just having a new ring cast.
Bruce