News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1939 Cadillac 60S water nozzle

Started by Rick Rinehart, December 14, 2008, 11:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rinehart

Anyone know where I can get a driver side water nozzle.  I'm referring to a fitting that is attached to the engine block that the upper radiator hose attaches to.  There are fittings on both sides of the block and they are not identical.  Thanks, Rick
Rick Rinehart
CLC#18151

Fred Zwicker #23106

Rick,

I think you are referring to the water outlet pipes, which are curved leading from each side of the engine block to the radiator. These are often badly rusted.  I am almost certain that they are available from Cooper's in CA.  If you give Bob Cooper at call, he can undoubtedly be of great help and get a pair of these to you quickly.  Call Bob at 818-567-4140, or see his web site at www.coopersvintage.com    I have many pictures posted of my 1939 LaSalle engine at my web site - www.fzoldcars.com   

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

Rick Rinehart

Thanks for the info fellows.  I will call Coopers tomorrow.  If I read their price list correctly it looks like $176 for the part.  Wow.  Thats pretty pricey even for a pair.  It will teach me to be more careful and keep track of my parts.   Excellant photos Fred.  I have referred to them on many occassions. 

Rick
Rick Rinehart
CLC#18151

baxterculver

Quote from: Rick Rinehart on December 18, 2008, 01:26:08 AM
Thanks for the info fellows.  I will call Coopers tomorrow.  If I read their price list correctly it looks like $176 for the part.  Wow.  Thats pretty pricey even for a pair.  It will teach me to be more careful and keep track of my parts.   Excellant photos Fred.  I have referred to them on many occassions. 

Rick

Rick,
The $176 part is for the S90 car.  I read the Cooper pricelist as $100/pair for the V8 cars.
baxter culver clc#17184

Kenny

Coopers water outlet tubes are 125.00 for the pair. I bought a pair 2 months ago and they are nice.
If your a ebayer #320326048186
this item is original but the same price as new.