News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 CDV 6-way seat adjuster issue..!

Started by J. Gomez, December 15, 2008, 06:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Gomez

Greetings..!

Here is another head scratcher. Finally got a chance to get to the inside front of my restoration. After removing the 6-way seat adjuster for cleaning, re-wiring a new harness and recondition the motor and solenoids I place the complete unit inside the car.

I notice the two side springs are of different sizes (see picture), and gauge, I remove , level, and place them in the same order and notice when the adjuster is in several positions “aft/fore/up/down” the eyelet on the right side almost slips of the main bar (see picture) do to severed twisting at the front. This twisting also causes the front solenoid to bind at the bottom of the cage housing the other two solenoids.

My first thought was the springs maybe in the wrong side. I checked the service manual however the pictures shows a different type. I removed both left and right and everything seems to work fine, no binding and no twisting.

Can’t say if the springs were place on opposite side, or if they are wrong tension, length, etc.  ???

Any one who could share pictures of their 6-way seat adjuster springs would be appreciated it.

Regards,

Jose Gomez CLC #23082
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Otto Skorzeny

This guy posts here occasionally and has a '56 cdv with 6 way seats.

Shoot him an email. I'm sure he'd be happy to help you out.

Chris Harding  charding@waterlox.com

He's on vaction until the 19th, though.

Tell him I sent you.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

J. Gomez

Forrest,

I just spoke with Lou and he will forward a few shoots to compare the assembly. I’ll keep Chris’s info handy appreciated it.

Regards, 

Jose Gomez CLC #23082
J. Gomez
CLC #23082