News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

I need some Cadillac experts on the forum to look at this Tri-Power set up

Started by RBurgeno#22418, December 19, 2008, 01:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBurgeno#22418

Please take a look at this Tri-Power set up on E-Bay and let me know if you see any RED FLAGS that are not right or if you think the price is fair. Are these the right Carbs, is there any cracks in the manifold that you see, anything that is not right. This is for a 1962 390cid Cadillac Motor (not a hot rod project) and hopefully no one will buy it before I can.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110327769070&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

Thank you for your time,
RBurgeno#22418

Otto Skorzeny

First off, where are all the linkages?

I see a couple of rods that may be part of the linkage but it looks like some pieces are missing along with all the springs.

Keep Looking. Completely rebuilt , ready to install triple carb setups come up for sale pretty regularly with all of the linkage intact for around the same money. $1500 -$2200.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Bill Lucarelli #22702

Missing all the small linkage/spring pieces, center carb choke assembly and vacume assembly.   Great pictures can be found in the factory shop manual.
1959  Eldorado conv
1958  Porsche speedster
1948  Plymouth woody

Walter Youshock

Even if it's for a 390, it doesn't belong on a '62. 

There were a lot more mods than just the intake and carbs on "Q" engine cars--transmission and rear axles were different.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

RBurgeno#22418

Thank you Bill and Otto, I think I will pass on this set-up and if you know of someone selling a rebuilt and complete unit PLEASE send me a e-mail or post to this thread.
THANK YOU BOTH AGAIN
RBurgeno#22418