News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

BEAUTIFUL CHRISTMAS SNOWFALL HERE IN NEW ENGLAND

Started by eam12345, December 20, 2008, 09:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eam12345

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL YOU GUYS & GALS IN OUR SOUTHERN STATES, GEORGIA, FLORIDA, etc.! Sorry you all can't enjoy this beautiful snowfall here in New England. I can't imagine how you can enjoy Christmas in the sun without 14 inches of beautiful snow covering everything everywhere.  What a sight for sore eyes.  No more bugs, sweat or air-condition going all day long.  We are all enjoying the nice warm cozy fireplace looking out the bay window as the flakes keep coming down while you guys have to walk around with hand fans to keep cool.  Now everyone is up in Maine, NH and Vermont sking, mountain tracking, etc. as you all sit wondering what to do next.  I guess you waste a lot of time running around the golf course since there isn't much else you can get yourselves to do except, I hope, get your cars on the road and go to all the car shows for real enjoyment.  Now don't mention the heating oil cost because it has gone done considerably and it isn't that cold to require much usage.  Well anyway, I wish you all a happy holiday season and good health in the coming years!  EAM

35-709

EAM, your jealousy is showing.   ;D  Mowed the lawn yesterday so it would look nice for Christmas. 
Merry Christmas to you all from Vero Beach, FL where we can drive our old cars and work on them year 'round.  Let's seeee, car shows year 'round, ride the Harley year 'round, the list goes on and on.  Only time we put on a heavy coat is to go into a restaurant down here!  Snow in New England?  Been there done that (born and raised up there, came here as soon as I could) --- only thing we shovel down here is all the BS from those telling those of us who know better how great it is in the winter up North!! 

:D

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Eric S. Maypother #15104

I'm in Central Massachusetts watching the snow fall, wishing I was in Florida, I hear Vero Beach is nice. I had to get all my errands done Wednesday and yesterday before it started snowing and mail out car parts I was behind mailing after not having power for 4 days, I still got caught in the snow, from my house I have to drive up a steep hill then down an even steeper hill then back again. I hope to get an Escalade soon.

I'm actually planning on moving to Florida in the next few years, after working outside pumping gas for nearly 20 years up until 5 years ago I'm not going to miss the cold and snow, but when I'm sitting on the Beach in the Winter I'll still be thinking of my friends in New England.

Well I better close for now, the driveway and walkway need shoveling. I just took these pictures from back door, haven't put my boots on yet.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.
Eric :)
1990 Cadillac Brougham

Ted in Olympia WA

We also have snow up in the Northwest, this is a bit rare for Olympia WA.  I just got back from 3 weeks in Florida and I would love to go back.

Pretty hard to work on cars or take off parts to sell when they are under 6 inches plus of snow.

TED
Selling used Eldorado Parts from 1971-1978.  Member Number 25659.

eam17806

Quote from: Ted in Olympia WA on December 20, 2008, 12:06:04 PM
We also have snow up in the Northwest, this is a bit rare for Olympia WA.  I just got back from 3 weeks in Florida and I would love to go back.

Pretty hard to work on cars or take off parts to sell when they are under 6 inches plus of snow.

TED
TED!  Look how beautiful your house looks in that snowfall.  You know the snow doesn't last long on the ground and will give you a few days off from work on cars, etc.  Just think,  all the bugs and germs are gone and we can enjoy the beauty of winter.  Those guys down in those southern states can't take the cold and run down there the first chance they get. I guess they just don't like the change in our gorgeous seasons.  Good thing they were never in the ski patrol unit of the Army/Marine corps in World War II or Korea. But, to each his own- Remember that song?  GOOD HEALTH TO THEM ALL as long as they don't get too stout.  EAM

35-709

"I guess they just don't like the change in our gorgeous seasons."

Love the change of seasons --- we usually get up North in the Fall and again in May to visit friends and family still stuck up there (and to pay them back for coming down here and staying with us to escape the Winter).  Soon as our visit (payback) is over though we high-tail it back here to Paradise.
;D

Davidinhartford

We just got 8 inches of snow here last night.   The ride home from work late last night was fine until I reached the unplowed side roads of Hartford.   My rear drive Crownvic made it five blocks following in someones tire tracks until I got stuck on a hill only 25 feet from my driveway!
The traction control was screaming!   LOL.  But it couldn't keep the momentum going up hill in 8 inches of snow.

Not a snowplow in sight for another 12 hours.   I don't blame the rear drive car, I blame the city for not plowing the side streets.

Ted in Olympia WA

I got to admit that the snow is very pretty, but around here we have big mountains and this is where it belongs.

When I was in Daytona in November they had a cold spell where it got down in the low 50's maybe even high 40's.  People were dress in more cloths than you see here in the 20's.  They had heavy coats, gloves, hats and neck warmers; we were in shorts and they laugh at us.   There were also reports on the TV that people should beware of the cold weather and keep an extra blanket in the car just in case they broke down.  My wife and I just laugh.

Usually in Western Washington if we get some snow like this it will go away in a couple a days when the weather turns to rain.  But this time they say it will be below freezing for at least a couple of weeks; kind of hard on the wood pile.

This could be the first "White Christmas" we had in this area for 30 years.

TED

When will they upgrade this forum so we can post four pictures like most other forums?  Two is not enough.
Selling used Eldorado Parts from 1971-1978.  Member Number 25659.

Otto Skorzeny

The best thing my parents ever did for the family is move us from Cleveland, Ohio to Atlanta, Georgia. It's almost 70* today! My kind of winter weather!

The added benefit of that move was the vast supply of non rusted old cars down here. When I was in high school, I bought a rust free '66 Mustang in nearly perfect shape for $800. My cousins up in Cleveland had rust bucket deathtraps that would fall apart if you sneezed on them.

And you can drive them year round to boot!

Merry Christmas.

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

EAM 17806

Hey you Yankees who turned into Southerns remember to cut your grass each week for 52 weeks and keep up all the garden work so you won't have time to run around with your classics and cycles. I'm sure your dear wives got you running errands, etc since you got nothing but time on your hands while we relax from November to March and enjoy the snow and fireplaces in various colonial inns throughout New England while you guys run around with coats on when you go into restaurants, theaters, etc.  Incidently, take this for what you think it is worth:  A medical article I read from a Texas research center stated that you must be very careful when you are in areas like Florida not to expose your body to sun heat and air-condition in and out of these restaurants and air-conditioned areas because of the extreme change to hot and cold and vice-versa is something that is not good for our body to be exposed to frequently and has potential skin cancer ramifications.  Just be careful and don't get yourselves in those situations too frequently if you can help it.  OKAY, enjoy the sunshine and we'll enjoy a beautiful WHITE CHRISTMAS while you have a beautiful sunny Christmas Day.  ENJOY YOURSELVES ANYWAY!  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

35-709

You are absolutely right EAM!  Please forget everything I said.  It is already WAYYY to crowded down here --- especially in the wintertime.  You would be miserable here!  Worst mistake anyone could make, don't even consider coming to this terrible place.  We'll do our best to muddle through --- somebody's gotta do it.

;D

Perry G

One more time,,,, Where supost to get 3 more tonight and another 6 to 8 for the fallowing day.

EAM17806

PERRY G:  LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET SNOW! Just think all the bugs, germs, sweat, etc are all gone until April or May. Now we'll have all of beautiful New England to ourselves sitting by the fireplaces watching the snow flakes breeze through the trees while poor Geoff is sitting in his house with the air-conditioner and his coat on until he goes outside then he'll be looking for his hand fan to keep cool. We are all happy he is enjoying himself especially during this Christmas season even though he said it is terrible down there this time of year. Now when those Southern guys start coming back up here to enjoy our change in seasons we're going to put a toll booth at the south end of Connecticut so they can appreciate what they're coming back to.  Well anyway Geoff, we all want to wish you and your family a very MERRY CHRISTMAS down there in sunny Florida while we enjoy a beautiful WHITE CHRISTMAS up here in God's country.  ENJOY THE SUN! EAM

eam 12345

Quote from: EAM17806 on December 22, 2008, 06:00:28 PM
PERRY G:  LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW! Just think all the bugs, germs, sweat, etc are all gone until April or May. Now we'll have all of beautiful New England to ourselves sitting by the fireplaces watching the snow flakes breeze through the trees while poor Geoff is sitting in his house with the air-conditioner and his coat on until he goes outside then he'll be looking for his hand fan to keep cool. We are all happy he is enjoying himself especially during this Christmas season even though he said it is terrible down there this time of year. Now when those Southern guys start coming back up here to enjoy our change in seasons we're going to put a toll booth at the south end of Connecticut so they can appreciate what they're coming back to.  Well anyway Geoff, we all want to wish you and your family a very MERRY CHRISTMAS down there in sunny Florida while we enjoy a beautiful WHITE CHRISTMAS up here in God's country.  ENJOY THE SUN! EAM

35-709

Yes, we'll have a very Merry Christmas here --- along with half of the population from the northern parts of the United States that come down for the winter.