News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1951-1953 motor mounts

Started by waycoolgreen, December 21, 2008, 10:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waycoolgreen

Merry christmas gang.Any suggestions on where to find motor mounts for my 52 coupe?
Ray
Ray

baxterculver

Ray,
The only supplier of motor mounts that I know of is Steele Rubber Products.  You can find them on web.  They revulcanize your core.  Expensive but available. 
baxter culver clc#17184

waycoolgreen

Thanks,only I don't have the originals because I'm replacing a 350 with an original engine.
Ray
Ray

Philippe M. Ruel

I purchased a pair of motor mounts from Kanter some time ago "in case of" ; I haven't installed them yet so I can't say anything about quality. But they don't need a core.

They are still available in their catalog for $50 each : http://www.kanter.com/p10-mm.html#CADILLAC
1952 60 Special in France.

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

I got the motor mounts for my 54 CDV from Terrill Machine in Texas, they didn't list mine in their advert in Hemmings, but when I called and asked he had them. I don't have their phone number to hand at the moment , but they advertise in Hemmings every monthe with a thir d page ad in the Cadillac parts section. I have used them for lots of parts and I can highly recommend [is that how you spell that !!] them.
Phil