News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

My Caddy when was he made

Started by mauser, December 25, 2008, 12:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauser

Hallo Im new here my name is  Johann and i  live in Reykjavik Iceland Im a owner of Cadillac Fleetwood Brogham d'Eligance  1976 Im  looking for some information for this car because I will make the story of this car to put on the hompage for old cars in Iceland www.fornbill.is  you can also se my car on my page www.picasaweb.google.com/joivill . I find this number ion the plage inside  ST 76 6C69FWD009414 BDY  if someone will help my to find out  what year and maby what day this car go out from the plant and how many model Eligance thei made this year. Im member of this Club and also we have one Cadilac club here in Iceland you can see that in the last issue of thr club magazine.
Merry Christmas and happy new year
Johann Vilhjalmsson in Iceland
Johann Vilhjalmsson
CLC # 24743
Cadillac Fleetwood Brogham D' Elegance 1976
Cadillac Eldorado 1983

jagbuxx #12944

Quote from: mauser on December 25, 2008, 12:02:57 PM
Hallo Im new here my name is  Johann and i  live in Reykjavik Iceland Im a owner of Cadillac Fleetwood Brogham d'Eligance  1976 Im  looking for some information for this car because I will make the story of this car to put on the hompage for old cars in Iceland www.fornbill.is  you can also se my car on my page www.picasaweb.google.com/joivill . I find this number ion the plage inside  ST 76 6C69FWD009414 BDY  if someone will help my to find out  what year and maby what day this car go out from the plant and how many model Eligance thei made this year. Im member of this Club and also we have one Cadilac club here in Iceland you can see that in the last issue of thr club magazine.
Merry Christmas and happy new year
Johann Vilhjalmsson in Iceland
Hello Johann-
on the plate that you listed, it will have the code for month and week of production. The body number of your car is # 9414 out of 24,500 Fleetwood Broughams built for 1976-not sure how many were the d'Elegance package-my guess is 10-15%. The build date code is 2 numbers with a letter-A/B/C/D/E, example 10B which would be the second week of October or 12D, fourth week of December-
Good luck
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

mauser

Ok Thanks jagbuxx for your information I go to my garage and have a close look on this plate on the left side fire wall
TR 26D 29 29T PNT
12B AV RV SF
ICBL DU 
so maby 12B is second week in December? And you think the have made 2000-2500 car like this. How many are left what do you think ore baby someone know
that ?This is the only car like this here in Iceland
Johann
Johann Vilhjalmsson
CLC # 24743
Cadillac Eldorado 1983

Johnny

Am I the only one that noticed Johann referred to his car in the masculine by calling it "he", while most of us in the states would refer to their cars in the feminine, such as saying something like "yep she runs out real good"  Along the same lines Navy ships are always referred to as "she".

mauser

Thanks Johnny maby you can speak Icelandic . In Icelandic it is he and it is a strong car.
Excuse my english
All the best Johann

Johann Vilhjalmsson
CLC # 24743
Cadillac Eldorado 1983

jagbuxx #12944

Quote from: mauser on December 26, 2008, 04:03:50 PM
Ok Thanks jagbuxx for your information I go to my garage and have a close look on this plate on the left side fire wall
TR 26D 29 29T PNT
12B AV RV SF
ICBL DU 
so maby 12B is second week in December? And you think the have made 2000-2500 car like this. How many are left what do you think ore baby someone know
that ?This is the only car like this here in Iceland
Johann
Johann,
12B should be the build date-second week of December.  Code 26D-Dark Blue Mansion Cloth d'Elegance, 29-Commodore Blue metallic.
I started to work in a Cadillac dealer during the 1976 model year. These were the last of true great Cadillacs in my opinion. The d'Elegance package truly set the car apart and made them an incredibly comfortable car.
As for the amount built-a guess. Although the number assumed for '76 Talismans is 1200, I know that I have seen many more d'Elegance models-it could be higher than 10-15%.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Johnny

Quote from: mauser on December 26, 2008, 06:47:48 PM
Thanks Johnny maby you can speak Icelandic . In Icelandic it is he and it is a strong car.
Excuse my english
All the best Johann

Speak Icelandic?  I have to look on the map to know where its at!  Geography was never my best subject.  For what its worth, I was just making an observation, nothing more nothing less.

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Johnny,

For a minute there I thought you were going to say that you have trouble speaking American ;D

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Johnny

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) (Bruce Reynolds) on December 26, 2008, 09:08:03 PM
G'day Johnny,

For a minute there I thought you were going to say that you have trouble speaking American ;D

Bruce. >:D

For what its worth, there is no such language as "American".

mauser

OK  thanks for your respond Jagbuxx and to you also Johnny ,Now I can complete  my writing about my car ,it is not fare of way to say that thei have made about 5000
d'Eligance this year?
Johann
Johann Vilhjalmsson
CLC # 24743
Cadillac Eldorado 1983

jaxops

Quote from: mauser on December 26, 2008, 06:47:48 PM
Mine is definitely a "she."  Sometimes unpredictable, can easily overheat in the summer, and purs along beautifully when you treat her right. 
Icelandic cars should be "he" because it takes a strong constitution and a dependable strong car to make it there!
All the best Johann.
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

Otto Skorzeny

The Bismarck is a he, although he is sometimes referred to by Maria as Minerva.

My current truck and my last two trucks are all masculine. They were all named by my girlfriend. Winslow, Mr. Brown, and my current truck, Homer. Homer sometimes goes by his other name, Mr. Blue.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Johnny

Quote from: otto skorzeny on January 04, 2009, 11:43:42 AM
The Bismarck is a he, although he is sometimes referred to by Maria as Minerva.

My current truck and my last two trucks are all masculine. They were all named by my girlfriend. Winslow, Mr. Brown, and my current truck, Homer. Homer sometimes goes by his other name, Mr. Blue.

I have liked all the cars I have owned, but never felt the need to name them.  Is this some form of auto eroticism?

Chris Conklin

It would be worth naming them if they would come when you call them. I have called some of them a lot of foul names, however.

I think "American" is a language. I've been accused of speaking it with a California accent... dood.  ;D

And what makes this a GREAT forum -  we are talking with people from around the world about Cadillacs!! Amazing!
Chris Conklin

Johnny

Quote from: Chris Conklin #25055 on January 05, 2009, 07:10:19 PM
It would be worth naming them if they would come when you call them. I have called some of them a lot of foul names, however.

I think "American" is a language. I've been accused of speaking it with a California accent... dood.  ;D

And what makes this a GREAT forum -  we are talking with people from around the world about Cadillacs!! Amazing!

Yes it is Mister Conklin!  Did you know Connie Brooks?

Chris Conklin

Quote from: Johnny on January 05, 2009, 07:13:35 PM
Yes it is Mister Conklin!  Did you know Connie Brooks?

No sir, can't say that I did (or do?).
Chris Conklin

Johnny

Quote from: Chris Conklin #25055 on January 05, 2009, 08:18:00 PM
No sir, can't say that I did (or do?).

Are you sure?  I have this picture of you and Miss Brooks!  You are in the middle

Chris Conklin

Too funny - "Our Miss Brooks' was the first thing I thought of when I read your post but the first name of Connie threw me off! I watched the show when I was young (very young and probably in re-runs. I'm only 52). I think that's the only time a character named Conklin has ever been on TV.
Chris Conklin

Johnny

Quote from: Chris Conklin #25055 on January 06, 2009, 08:06:38 PM
Too funny - "Our Miss Brooks' was the first thing I thought of when I read your post but the first name of Connie threw me off! I watched the show when I was young (very young and probably in re-runs. I'm only 52). I think that's the only time a character named Conklin has ever been on TV.

I didn't want to be too obvious by asking if you knew miss Brooks.  Being 64 I was able to watch the show when it first came on, and loved Gale Gordon as Osgood Conklin, the school principal.  He sort of reprised the character with Lucille Ball, although still funny, it wasn't the same as with Eve Arden.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5tErq4Q1Bc

mauser

Hi  again my english can be better but to inform, my language icelandic is one of the oldest language in the world so maby it is correct,
many english word come from old Icelandic like fish is "fiskur" and it is him, Caddy is and Cadda is she.
All the best Johann
Johann Vilhjalmsson
CLC # 24743
Cadillac Eldorado 1983