News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1951 Series 60 Special Fleetwood

Started by The Manders, December 26, 2008, 01:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Manders

Can anyone help me understand why I am having such a hard time finding photographs of a 1951 Series 60 Special Fleetwood? I can find pix, info, etc of '50s, 52's 53's etc - but hardly anything on this year/model. I've se arched numerous sites on the web. We are beginning a restoration on this model. All suggestions for parts, history and technical info are appreciated.

Greg Powers

The Authenticity Guide for Class 14 available through the Cadillac-LaSalle Club is an excellent starting point. Another good reference would be Roy Schneider's book, Cadillac-An Illustrated Guide to 1950 thru 1959 Motor Cars. Color samples and showroom materials also can come in very helpful in completing an authentic restoration.
G.L. Powers>1954 Series 62 Sedan/1958 Fleetwood 60 Special-sold/1963 Series 62 Convertible-sold/1970 Fleetwood Brougham-sold/1994 Fleetwood Brougham/1971 Sedan Deville-sold/2000 Deville-sold/2001 DTS-sold/1976 Eldorado Convertible-sold/1983 Coupe Deville-sold/1990 Allante-sold/1990 and 1991 Brougham deElegance-sold/1992 Brougham-sold/Always looking!

homeonprunehill

12-27-08
Manders,I don't know how to address you, as you didn't have your first name or a CLC member number listed. But< i8f youy go to the "home page of the Cadillacllasalleclub.org and in the "left hand" colum eight 8 down you will see trhe words "Cadillac database".Click on ,and follow instructions. You will see a few pictures of the  1951 Seres 60S Good Luck ,JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

Johnny

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

A good source for year-by-year technical information is "Standard Catalog of Cadillac" and the newest one (1903-2005) was edited by John Gunnell of Hemming's Classic Car and it's available at Barnes and Noble on-line (about $25.00) with free shipping right now.  Some of Amazon's independent sellers have a few of the previous one for sale for about $15.00 plus shipping.

The Manders

I just received this book for Christmas. Thank you.

Quote from: Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397 on December 28, 2008, 10:23:56 AM
A good source for year-by-year technical information is "Standard Catalog of Cadillac" and the newest one (1903-2005) was edited by John Gunnell of Hemming's Classic Car and it's available at Barnes and Noble on-line (about $25.00) with free shipping right now.  Some of Amazon's independent sellers have a few of the previous one for sale for about $15.00 plus shipping.