News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1996 Cadillac deville cd player.

Started by jtericho, December 27, 2008, 09:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtericho

I want to get a cd player for my caddy can this be done to a 1996 Cadillac Deville? I checked on crutchfield.com and they will not  even research it they say thats because if you take the factory radio out it will mess up the chime.Any help at all would greatly be appreciated.

TJ Hopland

Back a few years when my company used to lease cars I picked up a CD changer that went inline with the radio antenna.   It did not have the problems that the ipod FM things have because it disconnected the regular antenna when it was in use.   It worked great and was easy to swap in and out of vehicles.  Not sure if they still make such things but it may be worth looking into.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

J

check out ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Cadillac-DEVILLE-96-1996-Car-Stereo-Wire-harness_W0QQitemZ120307039391QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Electronics_Installation?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

if you have a premiem bose system you have to start from scratch  (install new radio,run new wires new speakers etc) i it is worth it to you but it can be acomplished i did it with my 1994 eldo and 2001 deville 2000 is when the front speakers are used for chimes,beeps and bells 1996 however isn't good luck on what you decide a  high end audio shop can install a radio but will run about $200 for install on top of radio cost   hope this helps  MRJB
Cadillac got me!!!

harvey b

Hello All,you could try your local wrecking yard and see if they have any cars similar to yours for a "shuttle" for the trunk,it holds 6 discs,i had a 96 STS that had it and it worked great,just load up the magazine with your favorite discs and it worked through the factory radio,mine was mounted in the trunk on the right rear corner,the wiring harness should be there,as i think it was an option on all the cars,it should not be terribly expensive to get one,or try one of your local stereo install shops and see if they have any ideas on how to proceed. HTH Harvey B
Harvey Bowness