News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Where to get authentic trim screws for 62 cadillac

Started by 62eldofan, January 02, 2009, 09:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

62eldofan

I am looking for a supplier of authentic fasteners for 1962 cadillac. Thanks for your suggestions

Walter Youshock

It depends on what they look like.  I replaced almost all the screws on my '57 with stainless.  Totally Stainless had a nice assortment.  Some, like the wheel opening molding screws have a rounded Phillips head and were called Jackson screws.  Over the years, they used different styles.  As the years went on, Cadillac became fanatic at hiding the fasteners in different ways.

Your best bet is to either go to a big show like Hershey, Carlisle or Iola and take samples.  There are actually some fasteners that were exclusive to Cadillac and only for one or two years.  And most of those were chrome plated...

Bolts like "TR" and WB1C" were used on Corvettes and some other Chevies, but different sizes are very hard to come by.

Even the early '90's Broughams have odd fasteners that are no longer available, even from GM.  Sometimes, they used the same screws in hidden places inside the car, such as inner door panels.

There is a CLC member who has completed an incredible restoration of a '62 Sedan deVille.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

35-709