News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Favorite Caddy?

Started by EldoradoRedd1, January 08, 2009, 12:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EldoradoRedd1

I know all u Caddy lovers have your favorites, As i look thru the forum i see alot of different
years so what is your favorite Caddy? My fav is the '59 Eldorado dem "Big" Fins is a tru classic.
S.Rhame

MichaelJBak

homeonprunehill

01-07-09

I own a '38 la Salle...built by Cadillic. Does that count?
If Im could do it over, I would go for the '58 CDV or  SDV...
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

EldoradoRedd1

Quote from: homeonprunehill on January 08, 2009, 01:20:42 AM
01-07-09

If Im could do it over, I would go for the '58 CDV or  SDV...
'38 Lasalle wow!! Post pics would love to see it
S.Rhame

J Kjerrulf

I give my vote to the 60' Seville
/J Kjerrulf
Eldorado Seville 1957

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Quote from: homeonprunehill on January 08, 2009, 01:20:42 AM
01-07-09

It definitely counts and it's one of my favorites. I just saw "Winds of War" again on DVD and there's a scene with Peter Graves and Polly Bergen driving a '37 or '38 yellow LaS convertible sedan down a country road. I replayed it several times just to look at the car...what a beauty.

Ohio57-62Sedan

My Favorite Cadilac... ALL OF THEM !!!!  What's not to love about them they are all beautiful car's  I'm trying to get my grubby hand's on this one...  :o

Johnny

EAM 17806

My favorite is the 1975 & 1976 Coupe de Ville.  The Eldorados front grille just doesn't appeal to me because of the way they designed the sidelights to extend forward beryond the headlights which causes an air resistance within the area which in turn would cause a little more horsepower to keep the car moving at the same speed a de Ville would be going.  I'm surprised Cadillac didn't spot that even though it might look good to some, but it still is a nice car.   EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Johnny

Quote from: EAM 17806 on January 08, 2009, 12:49:34 PM
My favorite is the 1975 & 1976 Coupe de Ville.  The Eldorados front grille just doesn't appeal to me because of the way they designed the sidelights to extend forward beyond the headlights which causes an air resistance within the area which in turn would cause a little more horsepower to keep the car moving at the same speed a de Ville would be going.  I'm surprised Cadillac didn't spot that even though it might look good to some, but it still is a nice car.   EAM

I also liked the '75 and '76 Cadillacs, but the Fleetwood models, which to me is what a Cadillac is all about and should be!  Big and comfortable!

While there is no right or wrong in what a person finds good looking and stylish in a car, I don't think that the design of the Eldo's front grille, was much of a concern to Eldo buyers, at least it wasn't to me, when I bought my '77 Eldo.  Actually the front front fenders extending beyond the headlights was part of what gave the Eldo's a distinctive look from 1967 to 1985.  I liked that Cadillac kept the basically look of the Eldo for 19 model years.

Walter Youshock

Any one that is paid for, still looks good and everything works!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

EAM 17806

Quote from: Johnny on January 08, 2009, 01:55:51 PM
I also liked the '75 and '76 Cadillacs, but the Fleetwood models, which to me is what a Cadillac is all about and should be!  Big and comfortable!

While there is no right or wrong in what a person finds good looking and stylish in a car, I don't think that the design of the Eldo's front grille, was much of a concern to Eldo buyers, at least it wasn't to me, when I bought my '77 Eldo.  Actually the front front fenders extending beyond the headlights was part of what gave the Eldo's a distinctive look from 1967 to 1985.  I liked that Cadillac kept the basically look of the Eldo for 19 model years.
As they say:  TO EACH HIS OWN!  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Johnny

Quote from: EAM 17806 on January 08, 2009, 02:11:08 PM
As they say:  TO EACH HIS OWN!  EAM

Yes  they do and they also say,

"That's why there is chocolate and vanilla"

or

"You row your boat and I will row mine"

or

"You go to your church and I will go to mine"

or

"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"

or

"One man's feast is another's famine"

Bullitt1

1941 Series 62 Convertible!
Vernon

Ohio57-62Sedan

Quote from: Walter Youshock on January 08, 2009, 01:56:41 PM
Any one that is paid for, still looks good and everything works!

That's the truth .....

Joe Manna

They are all my favorite.

Johnny,especially the CTS photo you posted.If the 2 fender ornaments are standard,than I will take that one.

Joe
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

EldoradoRedd1

Quote from: Ohio57-62Sedan on January 08, 2009, 12:11:53 PM
My Favorite Cadilac... ALL OF THEM !!!!  What's not to love about them they are all beautiful car's  I'm trying to get my grubby hand's on this one...  :o
This is a HEADTURNER!! all diff yrs of Caddys in this1
S.Rhame

EldoradoRedd1

Quote from: Joe Manna on January 08, 2009, 08:45:21 PM

Johnny,especially the CTS photo you posted.If the 2 fender ornaments are standard,than I will take that one.

Joe
Agreed i like the whole package >:D >:D
S.Rhame

Johnny

Quote from: Joe Manna on January 08, 2009, 08:45:21 PM

Joe

They do give new meaning to Dagmar Bumpers.