News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 series 62 coupe

Started by charlie, January 18, 2009, 03:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

i recently bought disassembled project.
where is the vin tag supposed to be..is it metal or plastic? body tag is on the firewall as i suppose its supposed to be.
also how do i tell if a windshield is correct for my car.a friend has one from a 59 or 60 but i'm told the no-post and sedan models used diff ones? anyone got dimensions i could check on this?
thanks in advance

Rod Dahlgren #19496

59 and 60 coupe convert and flat top all have the same front glass.. It is also the same as 59 -60 Chevy, Olds, Pontiac and Buick. The original glass is date coded over on the passenger side bottom.. It has the manufactures stamp and some numbers below that indicate the date code. ALL six-window cars are a taller piece of glass. And the commercial chassis were even taller than that.

Cadillac VIN tags were on a plastic tag in the door jamb. This was also used to pencil in the last Lubrication service. But the actual VIN stamped into the left front frame rail just under the radiator core support is the best palce to find the VIN.
Did You Drive Your Cadillac Today?