News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

91 Brougham wipers won't park

Started by JerRita, January 19, 2009, 09:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerRita

I have a 91 Brougham when I turn the wipers on if I have to stop them quickly they won't stop till they cycle about 3 or 4 minutes When I put it to off they cycle on low the delay function works but the won't "park" Do you think it's in the switch or the motor After the "ititial warm-up" they work normally Any ideas before I take it apart Thanks JeRita
Jerry and Rita Trapani #15725 Caddymaniacs

Dave Shepherd

This is usually caused by the delay circuit board, in the wiper motor, or a bad ground to the board.

Eric S. Maypother #15104

I'd second what Dave said, my last 1990 Brougham would do that sometimes and I changed the switch and it didn't make any difference, sometimes just by turning the car off then back on again would make them stop.
Eric :)
1990 Cadillac Brougham

JerRita

If it's a bad ground why will they park after 4 or 5 minutes everytime Could the board be changed or replace the motor Is the circuit board part of the motor? JeRita Thanks
Jerry and Rita Trapani #15725 Caddymaniacs

Walter Youshock

I had the same problem on my '91.  I took the motor apart, degreased all the internal parts, carefully regreased what needed lubrication, cleaned all the switch contacts and reassembled it.  Seems to work now.

It could be a blob of grease in he wrong place, preventing contact inside the motor.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham