News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1974 Ambulance Conversion

Started by Kim S, January 22, 2009, 02:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kim S

Forum participants,

I am the proud owner of a 1974 Miller Meteor Cadillac Ambulance.  It was an emergency vehicle for nearly twenty years before retiring to be used as an Injury Prevention advocate.

My question for the group is this:  I need to know an approximate original price for the vehicle. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kim S

Davidinhartford

It depends on the model.  Each coach company had three different roof heights depending on model.    The most expensive were the 54 inch high headroom models.

I couldn't find pricing on the 74s, but in 1972 Miller-Meteor Ambulances cost from $14,500 up to $16,500.     

Below: 1974 Superior and 1975 Miller Meteor.

jaxops

Professional cars are a small but growing group of restorers.  I know that the cost of restoring an ambulance is significantly higher in many cases (depending on the condition of the frame and body) because everything aft of the front clip is custom.  On the good side, there should be a fiar number of 1974 Cadillacs and ambulances around that you can use for parts.  Hearses also have a similar construction and could be useful as well.  You just have to know what you are getting into before you plunge in, then plunge in!
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

Davidinhartford

Another great place to start is at the PCS forum.

The Professional Car Society speciallizes in Ambulances and Funeral cars.

Try this link to their forums.  http://www.professionalcar.org/forums/index.php