News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Looking for anyone who might know history on our 1941

Started by Harold, January 23, 2009, 06:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold

We have recently bought a 1941 that is dressed in 1947 trim. It has 1947 grill, trim, bumpers and tail lights. The hood sides are filled and the trunk smoothed. It sold new in Brooklyn. The gentleman we got it from bought it done in 1966 and the oil change stickers date to 1958 in Denver. I know it's a long shot but what the heck!

Otto Skorzeny

That's interesting. Just in case somebody knows the car, it would help if you gave the names of the the person you bought it from and the guy he bought it from in 1966.

Do you plan to restore it to 1941 configuration or leave it in  it's current guise?
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Good question, Forest. There are at least 2 examples out here. One conv. cpe. & one conv. sedan. Harold, please send me all the info off the data plate located near the LH hood hinge. I'll add it to my data base. Thanks, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Whit Otis, 1188

Here is an interesting '41 in 47 and 48 dress.  This was done in 1948 by Paul Westergaard, a customizer from northern California I believe, who mentored the Barris Brothers.... a friend of mine had this in his shop in St Louis for a little work.  It also appeared on "My Classic Car" with Dennis Gage.  It belongs to an old high school acquaintance of mine, and it really is a beautiful custom.... better in the flesh than in pictures, believe me
Whit Otis
Whit Otis -
1941 6219D Custom
1941 6219D
1940 7533F
1986 Mercedes Benz 560 SEL
1999 Bentley Arnage
2019 XT5
Drawing of AP Sloan Custom by Terry Wenger

Joe Manna

Whit,that is certainly a beautiful car.I have seen that episode of MCC.The fellows name that built it was Harry Westergard.Not Paul.You know Kurt? He bought the 41 Buick from a friend of mine that lived here in NJ.

Joe
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

Whit Otis, 1188

I went to high school with Kurt.... we didn't hang out a lot together, but did know him.  My friend Dave Conrad of St Louis is the guy who had it in his shop.  Dave, Kurt and I were all at Kirkwood High at the same time.  Kurt's Buick is really beautiful as well, but the Caddy is a knock out... Westergaard certainly had an eye for great style.... I really love the way the Buick style flow through fenders meld into the '48 back fender.  If you didn't look closely at other aspects of this car, you wouldn't guess it was a '41.  Here's a couple interior shots.... fantastic.
Whit
Whit Otis -
1941 6219D Custom
1941 6219D
1940 7533F
1986 Mercedes Benz 560 SEL
1999 Bentley Arnage
2019 XT5
Drawing of AP Sloan Custom by Terry Wenger

Harold

Thanks,
That car is sure beautiful! I am not sure if we should leave ours or restore it to 41. If we could happen by some information it would weigh the decision. Thanks again.

Xris Laggan

:)
Quote from: ottoskorzeny on January 23, 2009, 06:25:42 PM
Just in case somebody knows the car, it would help if you gave the names of the the person you bought it from and the guy he bought it from in 1966. 

:)   Otto's suggestion is a good idea ,the more info you provide , the more chance you'll jog someones memory , and , maybe , get a response .

( love the car )

Xris
Xris Laggan 
CLC #24618
1960 Cadillac Flattop
1986 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham D'elegance
1960 Chevrolet Belair

homeonprunehill

Quote from: Harold on January 23, 2009, 06:08:22 PM
We have recently bought a 1941 that is dressed in 1947 trim. It has 1947 grill, trim, bumpers and tail lights. The hood sides are filled and the trunk smoothed. It sold new in Brooklyn. The gentleman we got it from bought it done in 1966 and the oil change stickers date to 1958 in Denver. I know it's a long shot but what the heck!
01-31-09
Harold,
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES