News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Interchange of parts between 1949 fastback and regular sedan

Started by 49 Sedanette, January 26, 2009, 11:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

49 Sedanette

Hi:

I just became a member of the forum. I have been a member of the CLC for a number of years but I am not currently one... I need to become one again.

Anyways, I have my first question:

I recently bought a 1949 series 62 sedannete, stick shift, in need of full restoration. The body is mostly good, but curiously, the front fenders and hood have some rust, and some body damage. Also, the rear fender skirts are missing. question is: are these parts interchangeable with a regular series 61 or 62 sedan? If so, that would save me a lot of work.

Thanks,
Victor
V.Milke

Jeff Maltby 4194

Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

homeonprunehill

Quote from: 49 Sedanette on January 26, 2009, 11:48:25 AM
Hi:

I just became a member of the forum. I have been a member of the CLC for a number of years but I am not currently one... I need to become one again.

Anyways, I have my first question:

I recently bought a 1949 series 62 sedannete, stick shift, in need of full restoration. The body is mostly good, but curiously, the front fenders and hood have some rust, and some body damage. Also, the rear fender skirts are missing. question is: are these parts interchangeable with a regular series 61 or 62 sedan? If so, that would save me a lot of work.

Thanks,
Victor
01-26-09
VICTOR, I'AM pirtty sure skirts will fit.   When it comes to the hood and finders "measure" twice change once! Good Luck,JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

Victor

Thanks guys!

I confirmed the information on a catalog, via a link I got from Car freak to the Modified Chapter website. Now I know that fenders, hood and skirts are the same for the 61, 62 and 60s.

Victor

Jeff Maltby 4194

No need to post to the Modified (Misfits same difference~:<) for precise/laser straight info, when you have veterans lurking in the Wind.

Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500