News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

77 deville door panels and 80's Cadillac door panels

Started by Jimmy, February 04, 2009, 09:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy

:-\  Hello!
I have a 77 sedan deville I bought new and after sitting 22 years I am using it again. I would like to install the nicer newer door panels that came out in the 80's fleetwoods and devilles. Will they fit my 77 doors?
Thank you,
Jimmy

Aaron Hudacky

The front door panels will likely fit, but I'm not sure about the rear door panels. The roofline changed on the 80 and up deVille/Brougham sedans, and that might have caused the rear of the door to be shaped slightly different. The door pulls vary between the deVilles and Broughams; this might affect where the mounting points behind the door pulls are. Also, your 77 has the power window switch in the seat, where 78 and up have it in the door arm rest, so you would need to block off and relocate the switch if you change to newer door panels. Are you considering changing the interior because of condition, or do you just like the look of the newer interiors more? By now, the 80-92 interiors are getting pretty old, and I like the 77-78 door panel design. I'd get your originals redone by JustDashes.
1970 Eldorado
1978 Coupe deVille
1979 Coupe deVille
2008 Subaru STI