News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Jacks late 50's

Started by Warren Rauch, February 08, 2009, 01:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren Rauch

I've been trying to find the right jacks for my 56 limo and 57 barritz. The parts books do little to help,there were several jacks avalible in this time period.But ,no pictures.The pictures in the owners manuals and jacking diagarms are sketches at best. The jacks on ebay are what someone found in the trunk of a parts car,and may not even fit the bumper ,let alone be right. So can someone post pictures of jacks that do work on their 54-59 cars and that they think are right for them. Thanks Warren

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Lou & others, he needs a picture of a 57 car jack, looks like the 56 , but the hook may be different.  For his 56 limo he needs a picture of a "sill" jack that goes under the rockers due the weight of the car. HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

OK Lou, you got me. LOL I 'll never argue 56's with you. Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Warren Rauch

OK ,I found a jack that looks like that for the 56 limo. It was the only one that seem to fit both bumpers, but I still wasn't sure it was right.
  The 57 Barritz , I've been told uses a special jack with a forged hook . The end of the hook is a round rod that fits into the hole in the rear bumper below the exhaust port.I've never seen one. 
Thanks for the help so far. Warren

kelly

While the subject is being discussed, I need a jack for my 1957 75 series. Any out there?
Kelly Martin
Michigan
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS